Transmission “accelerates/hangs” after accelerating and letting off the gas slowly.

Hi BITOG crew, new guy here. My vehicle is a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6 with 177,000 plus miles. This isn’t the SMOD issue that these are known for, as the radiator and transmission was replaced by Nissan in the previous ownership. I’ve owned this vehicle for the past 20k ish miles and just now noticed it, it definitely didn’t do this before a day or two ago. I’ll give you an example of how this goes: I’m stopped at a stop sign, I accelerate slowly and left off the gas, and the transmission surges up and the vehicle accelerates ever so slightly. Would this be a sign of transmission slippage? The transmission fluid is full and gold in color. Thanks.

Last edited:
See if you have any pending codes. There may be something about to set even if the CEL isn't on yet.

My Ranger developed some very strange shifting behavior when the throttle position sensor was going bad. It didn't set a code for it right away, but finally did.

It was indeed a vacuum leak, and the trans no longer does it, thanks for the advice. Maybe gold wasn’t the right choice of words. How should I describe it, it looks like this (picture shown) I’ll take a picture of it irl tomorrow.

Attachments

• DE6252EF-E0DA-4640-A3C1-D0A97468F63C.jpeg
    DE6252EF-E0DA-4640-A3C1-D0A97468F63C.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 5
Back