Transfer pump

I was going to get an inexpensive harbor freight gear oil transfer pump to suck the oil out of the differential and the pump new oil in. Any suggestions on how to make the process easier? Does this process work for others? My differential does not have a drain plug and I prefer not to remove the cover

It should work. As I recall, the HF hose is kinda flimsy. I never understood why so many manufacturers fail to include a drain plug.
I recently serviced my old Tundra and GS350. I used a cheapie garden sprayer to refill the GS; there is no way you can squeeze those quart bottles. Easy peasy.
Good luck.

I know if I was to go to a Jiffy Lube they just pump out the old oil and pump in new oil so I figured why not just do that at home

When all else fails check the service manual lol. The service manual indicates that the gear lube should be pumped or siphoned out as there’s no drain plug

66 barracuda 7 1/4 rear end
ooo nice I love those old Barracudas :D

Unfortunately, nobody makes aftermarket covers with a drain plug for that 7.25 :(

It should work. As I recall, the HF hose is kinda flimsy. I never understood why so many manufacturers fail to include a drain plug.
I recently serviced my old Tundra and GS350. I used a cheapie garden sprayer to refill the GS; there is no way you can squeeze those quart bottles. Easy peasy.
Good luck.

Valvoline has those pouches :)

Back