Trans fluids other than hcf-2

I have a 2013 Honda Accord lx-s coupe 2.4 liter and a couple years ago it was mixing radiator fluid with the transmission fluid. I eventually located the problem and fixed it but in doing so I flushed the transmission fluid and replaced it with the wrong kind. It's been using the wrong kind since. I just found out what kind to use so I am flushing it again but can't afford the original Honda fluid. Can someone please tell me what's the next best thing to use?

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

You can use any CVT fluid that says HCF-2 on it. You don't have to buy it from the dealer.

Valvoline, Amalie, and parts store house brand CVT fluids are all good stuff and will work in your Honda with no problem :)

Walmart sells Valvoline CVT fluid at a fair price.

I can tell you Valvoline and Castrol CVT fluids work GREAT in an abused, high mileage '15 Altima I service, but that's the only one I have personal experience with.
If the Honda fluid is too expensive, I would go with either Valvoline or Castrol.
Good luck.

I use the Amsoil cvt fluid in my 2017 accord sport but use Castrol transmax cvt fluid in my wife’s 2015 Altima. Both are running fine

As others mentioned, Castrol or valvoline (never used the Val) are relatively inexpensive and available most any auto parts store or walmart

Eneos CVT fluid may well be a possibility too.

Just checked the Eneos Eco CVT fluid and it is good to run in this transmission.

I noticed my ol 2008 Nissan Altima VQ with the CVT ran much quieter with Eneos CVT fluid in it.

Back