Tranny Flush ?'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all, I have a 99 4L60e with close to 120,000mi. on it. I've had the filter/fluid changed three times during its life span (never a flush). I thinking about picking up a case of Chevron MD-3 and doing another fluid/filter change and then a DIY flush. My question are; what are your thoughts on the MD-3 and which line (top or bottom) on the rad. is the correct one for dumping the fluid?

Thanks in advance for you opinions.
19.gif

I don't know much about the MD-3 but I'm using Dex VI in my '96 4L60E and it is working really well.

If you state the specific vehicle this is in maybe somebody will know what line to disconnect. After 120k miles and only 3 pan drops I'd say a flush might be a good idea.

It's a S10 ZR2, and I can get the Chevron at Costco for just under $25, also i have read on other forums (s10 specific) that synthetic fluids can be to slick for older 4l60e's, although I havent heard this with the backwards compatible Dexron VI.

i have a 4L60E in an s 10 and synthetic fluids are just fine for it, i have amsoil fluid in my truck.

i havent found much useful information on the S-10 forms i have visited.

This is a great site to learn about oils, lots of good information and good folks here

Run the vehicle for 10-15 minutes and feel both lines, the cooler one is the return line.

Consider a Magnefine inline filter.

I have personal knowledge about the Chevron ATF, but Chevron markets good stuff (Techron) so I assume its good ATF.

But I put Amsoil ATF in everything I own.

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
i have a 4L60E in an s 10 and synthetic fluids are just fine for it, i have amsoil fluid in my truck.

i havent found much useful information on the S-10 forms i have visited.

This is a great site to learn about oils, lots of good information and good folks here

If an Amsoil ATF is spec'ed for your vehicle then it will be fine. You can view the fluids for your specific vehicle on the Amsoil web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back