Trailer Lights - Help with wiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to wire a trailer plug (4 prong plug) onto my 1990 Jeep Comanche truck. I have the wiring diagram and tested each of the wires prior to connecting them. The left blinker and tail light works fine, but the right blinker won't blink. It lights up and does not blink at all. The connection looks good, but the light will definitely blink if I disconnect the plug.

I did not ground the plug to the frame. I connected the ground to the ground wire instead. This doesn't seem to have an impact on the left blinker or the tail light....but could it cause an issue with the right blinker?

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to straighten it out?

Thanks!

you need a heavy duty flasher.

The stock one is designed for simply the load the stock bulbs put on it. They claim the change in flash rate will alert you to a burnt-out bulb. But also a thermal flasher is a nickel cheaper.
smile.gif

I can't imagine why your left side would still work but try the heavy duty flasher.

I don't understand this part......................."but the light will definitely blink if I disconnect the plug".

What plug gets disconnected to make it blink?

I apologize for the confusing language. I found the cause of my problems. It was a bare spot in the wiring that would short when I pulled on the wire. It only took a couple of hours with a tester to find the problem.

Thanks for all of your help!!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back