Trailer hitch of all things turned me off from reconditioning this 2007 Honda Fit

They were not great cars new , add 230k and mold not sure I would put any energy into it even free.
They were the worst reviewed cars in their segment. Loud, rode rough, affected by cross winds on the highway. They were a "Honda Stinker" that's for sure. The sales numbers were pitiful.

They were not great cars new , add 230k and mold not sure I would put any energy into it even free.

If it was free I'd take it (think under a family member's tree). Pressure wash every surface inside and out and it might clean up decently, but not worth dealing with Copart over something so far gone and wasn't that great to begin with.

That's a 1.25" hitch, so most likely just used for bike racks.

I bought a 2012 Fit last year and installed a 2" hitch receiver on it, for my bike rack. I think the 2" racks wobble less than the 1.25s. But it's nice to know I can lash up a huge RV trailer to it if need be LOL. But seriously though the 2" receiver really looks silly on such a small vehicle.

Gents,

Thanks for all the feedback. I reduced my max bid from $250 down to $50. That would put me "all in" at under $200. I don't expect to be the high bidder.

They were the worst reviewed cars in their segment. Loud, rode rough, affected by cross winds on the highway. They were a "Honda Stinker" that's for sure. The sales numbers were pitiful.
Remind us how many times it was on the Car and Driver "10 Best" list?

Back