Trailblazer Still Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 97 Rodeo had 2 partially clogged cats, didn't cause any drive-ability issues just ran hotter than normal and was VERY hot underneath.

Not always the case but partially clogged it wouldn't always have issues/throw a code.

There was a Bulletin for pre 05 models for a PCM update to cause more accurate gauge readings and regulate coolant temp better. Not sure if that will help but good info nevertheless.

I've seen cats that made the ground glow red in broad daylight like the car had neons underneath, that did not cause serious power loss.

I'm not hedging too much on burping or air pocket, just because the T-Blazer is a very common sense vehicle to fill and burp. But check anyway.

So an update to this thread.

Since replacing the radiator cap it hasn't acted up. Although since then it hasn't been as hot outside but still about 100 outside at 80 mph in the same mountains the temperature didn't budge.

Is it possible the radiator cap was to blame?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
So an update to this thread.

Since replacing the radiator cap it hasn't acted up. Although since then it hasn't been as hot outside but still about 100 outside at 80 mph in the same mountains the temperature didn't budge.

Is it possible the radiator cap was to blame?

It can add to the problem. Engine coolant is pressurized to raise the boiling point. If there is less pressure, in some hotter areas of the engine, the coolant might boil and lose the ability to cool off the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back