Traffic Light Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man was driving when a traffic camera flashed. He thought his picture was taken for exceeding the speed limit, even though he knew he was not speeding.

Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.

He thought this was quite funny, so he slowed down even further as he drove past the area, but the traffic camera flashed yet again.

He tried a fourth time with the same result.

The fifth time he was laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past at a snail’s pace.

Two weeks later, he got five traffic fine letters in the mail for driving without a seat belt.

I'm assuming that is a true story!!
LOL.gif
Wouldn't surprise me...

I doubt it's true. Cameras typically trip for speeders and red light crossers - not for seat belt violations. Regardless, I had a good laugh at that one. Love those moron jokes.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I doubt it's true. Cameras typically trip for speeders and red light crossers - not for seat belt violations.

In some countries, including the UK, cameras are used to catch seat belt law violators. I don't know how it works. I suppose everybody's picture gets taken, and a crew of enforcers picks out the violators. What a job.

It would have to be actively staffed with warm bodies. The UK - especially London - is one of the most CCTVed place on earth. I'm not surprised that they would be able to catch seat belt violators.

In Germany, seat belt violators are often caught on the Autobahn or on federal highways. They get the evidence, a nifty still picture taken from an overpass along with the fine in the mail a few days later. The same thing happens if drivers tailgate, or if they hog the left lane while someone wants to pass.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
It would have to be actively staffed with warm bodies. The UK - especially London - is one of the most CCTVed place on earth. I'm not surprised that they would be able to catch seat belt violators.
Picture this... You are walking down the street somewhere in London, and your cell phone rings... Hello you answer... The voice at the other end says... "This is just a courtesy call to let you know you are flying low sir... Have a grand day"
LOL.gif

Quote:
Picture this... You are walking down the street somewhere in London, and your cell phone rings... Hello you answer... The voice at the other end says... "This is just a courtesy call to let you know you are flying low sir... Have a grand day"

Good one!!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back