Trading in my cheap 9mm for a better backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an LC9. It is not a violent gun to shoot. I'm a big guy, but even the girls I've let shoot it liked it. They all preferred the 1911 most of all, though.

Nobody asked me, but that's never stopped me from talking. If you're going to cheap out on a carry gun because you want to shoot a lot, you're looking at things wrong. Get a tool for the job you want done. A carry gun is to STOP SOMEBODY NOW. A .22LR is not a round that will do that reliably. Get a 9mm minimum, shoot it until proficient, shoot regularly for training, and carry it for the job it does. If you want to shoot 300 rounds at a time, all the time, do that with something else.

That was many years ago. The SD series is miles ahead in terms of trigger pull. I have both an SW- and SD9VE and have no problem with recommending the SD9VE to the OP.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
The only gripe I have on the Sigma series S&W guns is the trigger pull is horrible. The early prototypes were awesome from what I hear, but it violated some patents and they had to change it which made it have a rough and heavy trigger.

Ended up going with an SR22. So it's not really a conceal carry so much as it is a cheap plinking gun. I carried it today just for fun, conceals well.

The gun is pretty reliable and feeds everything, only had one FTF in over 300 rounds, fault of the magazine I think. I got a good deal on it too, better than any internet website.

A FTF or Failure to Fire malfunction is rarely mag related.Now a failure to load can be. I know my Beretta 22 will have more failure to fires with remington bulk 22 ammo. Some 22 guns are pikcy. As long as I used Federal or Winchester ammo, my Beretta never has a hiccup.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
A FTF or Failure to Fire malfunction is rarely mag related.Now a failure to load can be. I know my Beretta 22 will have more failure to fires with remington bulk 22 ammo. Some 22 guns are pikcy. As long as I used Federal or Winchester ammo, my Beretta never has a hiccup.

I was meaning FTF as in failure to feed.

I love it that I can keep on shooting with the same joy I have with the beretta and only spend 2 cents a round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back