Traded my 2008 for a 2014 Ultra today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: whip
Here's a 2005 with 40,000 miles for $14,000. That's not cheap to me. It seems like most hold their value as well as any Harley.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/4610731338.html

Like I said, if you can link me to a cheap one, that would be great.

I am sure buyers ,fighting over it !
whistle.gif

Jake

I guarantee it will sell.

I assume you're not linking to these so called cheap Goldwings because you can't..........

Like I said, I don't think $14,000 for a 9 year old bike is cheap. I'm hoping to buy a bike sometime next year. I really hope you can link me to one of these so called cheap Goldwings before then. I have a feeling you can't.

By the way, here's a 2005 Ultra for $10,500. That's almost cheap.
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcd/4597704644.html

Last edited:
What model are looking for ? Now is the time to buy ! My dealer marked all of big bikes down about 2000 . dressers are hot now and that trike . But the all the dyna are marked to sell . Have you ever rode a sportster ? I got one , plus a superglide
The sporty is my hot rod :)
Jake

I know it's an old bike but there is an old 78 Goldwing standard on the Akron Craigslist that is almost cherry...$1,800 OBO. I had a 78 Goldwing with a Vetter fairing, shield and trunk. Probably not what you're looking for but a really cool old bike. I might look around my area to find a similar old Goldwing just......because... LOL!

Originally Posted By: buckeyejake
What model are looking for ? Now is the time to buy ! My dealer marked all of big bikes down about 2000 . dressers are hot now and that trike . But the all the dyna are marked to sell . Have you ever rode a sportster ? I got one , plus a superglide
Jake

I've owned 2 Sportsters. An 883 and a 1200S. I enjoyed the 1200S a lot. My next bike has to have some utility to it. At the very least, I need lockable saddle bags. Things like cruise control and a radio are added bonuses. I have no brand loyalty, so any bike that meets my needs and in my price range is a option.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I know it's an old bike but there is an old 78 Goldwing standard on the Akron Craigslist that is almost cherry...$1,800 OBO. I had a 78 Goldwing with a Vetter fairing, shield and trunk. Probably not what you're looking for but a really cool old bike. I might look around my area to find a similar old Goldwing just......because... LOL!

I think I saw that one. It's older than I want. I want reliability, and I'm not sure a 35 year old bike is.

I live in ohio where they once made the goldwings , most of them in 5 years are cheap to buy . The goldwing clubs are dying out and you don't see them out on road . I bought a new superglide in 13 , and have owned a classic and roadking . Your dealer won'thave your O8 long , people love them and buy them ! Ride on my friend !
Jake

That would be like my 2002 Goldwing, which I rode for nearly 90,000 miles over 9 1/2 years... and then sold it for $3,000 less than I paid for it.

Yep, those used Goldwings are stacked deep and priced cheap. What a laugh! Stick with Harleys, dude. You're clueless when it comes to Goldwings.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
New bike is black. Nice classic color. ...

Ah yes I see you said that to start with, my apologies .

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Congrats on the new
LoneRanger said:
Congrats on the new one. These have the liquid cooled heads with the knee radiators, yes?

Depends on if classic (no) or limited (yes).

OP, I would love to hear your opinion on the Rushmore improvements after a while.

Originally Posted By: whip
Jake

I've owned 2 Sportsters. An 883 and a 1200S. I enjoyed the 1200S a lot. My next bike has to have some utility to it. At the very least, I need lockable saddle bags. Things like cruise control and a radio are added bonuses. I have no brand loyalty, so any bike that meets my needs and in my price range is a option.

Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive. Huge storage under the seat, cruise can be added in an hour, a top case is easy to add (and common on used Burgys). Also has ABS, adjustable windshield, and power-folding mirrors.

FYI I got the Ultra and it does Not have the cooled exhaust ports. A friend of mine did not ride today because his limited had a coolant leak already.

I rode 250 miles today and the bike is very smooth and stable. Of course being new it should be. Got about 43-44 MPG but most of the day was not really fast. Wish it had a CB radio like my old Ultra but it does not. May have to add that on in near future. On some backroads in TN. Really a pretty state.

It was nice not having it stop unexpectedly. No grinding of starter. This new tranny did whine a little in 3 and 4 gears. It has 6 speed tranny.

I got 12.5 k dollar trade in for the bike. So all in all it was a good deal, I think. They are moving out 14s and getting ready to start getting 15s.

I used to trade more often but had 62k trouble free miles. The last 1k miles got me ready to trade it. I really do not like to get stranded.

And on a fix it note. The Harley shop can trouble shoot and repair/replace what they need to. The bike was also just about to need 2 new tires. Their labor rates are crazy these days. So I decided to trade instead of repair.

At least I did not list it for sale and dump it on some individual. Whoever buys it from shop will get a certified with a warranty from them. I will sleep better at night.

Congratulations on your new scooter toneydoc. I've always loved Ultras. I have a friend that has a CVO Ultra Classic a year or two old, he loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back