Traded in two vehicles, and bought a new truck

Let me start by saying the market is crazy right now. Used vehicle trade-in prices are insane. With getting my wife the 05 Suburban, we have not needed one of the two additional vehicles (Accord or Truck). I love the Accord as a car, but am hooked on how comfortable and useful a daily truck is. Additionally, car seating position has not been well for me. I find my legs and back very fatigued after driving long periods. Truck wise, I have been wanting a crew cab truck for some time, in addition to some finer amenities.

So I did some looking online.

Trade in values are crazy. I did an online quote with CarMax and walked away from the Accord with some decent profit. The truck was traded in at the Ford dealer -- again decent trade-in value.

I had some specific requirements for my next truck. Crew Cab, 2.7 Ecoboost, 3.73 gearing, trailer tow package, FX4 offroad, B&O unleashed stereo system, Lariat 502A high package, Lead Foot paint and Lariat Sport appearance package. I found it all, besides paint, an added sunroof, and the drivetrain.

Color is Agate black, which is super sharp. Really like the black. An added sunroof, I do like my sunroof -- what a plus.

No 2.7 Ecoboost... OK, no 3.5 Ecoboost... Sure OK, no 3.3 V6... alright. So you all probably like "OK guy got a 5.0 V8". Yes sure, V8... nope. Found all I wanted with a 3.5 PowerBoost. This is the new F150 Hybrid. This is a 3.5 EcoBoost paired with the hybrid system. Something like 430HP and 570lb-ft of torque. I have not goosed it yet, but in moderate throttle, it hauls. This also has the 2400watt generator in the bed, awesome for camping or 4-wheeling which me and my buddies do a lot.

Me and my wife really really like this truck. It has all I have ever wanted option wise, look wise, and an added bonus of Hybrid electric. It has been returning decent fuel economy. It takes FL500S and 5W-30. Will probably change it early. This truck was a demonstrator model and has 1,400miles on it. Got a fair amount off with that. Also was fortunate to receive an A-Plan pin from my uncle.

Back to two vehicles which is nice. And this one can do all the last two did. Welcome hybrid electric Ford!

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

Our next F150 will probably be something like you purchased. I like the idea of the generator and the hybrid aspect. It will be a while as our 2015 F150 is doing just fine....

Nicely done. You bought the 2021 Ford F-150 Texas Survival Edition....the one that can power some of your house when the grid fails. :cool:

Good timing. I can't believe what Carmax gave me for my Focus. I couldn't say no either. Enjoy!

Something similar will be in my future when my current 2016 F150 with the 2.7 is replaced. Pretty impressed with the powerboost...

You're not wrong about used car prices. I work at a Ford dealership and for every car, we've brought from the auction we've paid more than market value for them.

Customers don't understand how high used car prices are. We have a few 2017-2019 Mustangs with around 40k+ miles on them that are listed for $37K+. They're not the 2.0L EcoBoost engine. It's the 5.0L V8. I have customers wanting $2k+ off of them. Like, dude first off we cant take $2k+ off of a used car. We gotta keep the light on 🤣. Second off, we aren't priced that high compared to KBB, etc.

Loved when I downsized from two different cars with different purposes to just one that did both, and did them better.

Went from a Sundance (winter car, had a back seat) and a del Sol (fun little go-kart of a car) to an Impreza RS. Back seat, four doors, fun to drive, and a beast in the snow. I loved that car and I still miss it.

I don't use my pickup any more, good to know dealers are buying rigs outright.

Back