TPMS learning fail

2007 Silverado 1500 (07-13 body style). I've never been able to get the TPMS learning to work on this truck. Following the instructions in the owner's manual, I'm able to get into the learning mode. The display says LEARNING ACTIVE or something similar, and the horns beeps twice. Once there, I'm supposed to increase or decrease the tire pressure in the front left tire for 5 seconds or until the horn beeps, then move on to the right front tire, etc. It says to increase/decrease the presure for 5 seconds or until the horn beeps, and notes that it may take up to 30 seconds for the horn to beep. I have tried both increasing and decreasing the pressure, once even decreasing it for a full minute (the tire was nearly flat), but the horn never beeps. I've tried it a few times over the years, but always get stuck at this point.

Any tips?

That's what my owners manual says for my 2008 Lucerne so I'm guessing yours is similar, does it read each location and tell you the actual pressure?

If you can't get the first one to beep try doing the front passenger and if it works then your front driver's side sensor is bad.

This works and only takes a couple minutes to do with this.

I wanted to double check my sensors after a rotation without going thru all the deflating etc....

Last edited:
That's what my owners manual says for my 2008 Lucerne so I'm guessing yours is similar, does it read each location and tell you the actual pressure?
Yes.
If you can't get the first one to beep try doing the front passenger and if it works then your front driver's side sensor is bad.
Yes, I've tried deflating different tires, but no dice.

^The zapper works better than the deflate option. I have a 2008 silverado.

There's a chance all your sensors are dead.
Thanks, I'll look into the "zapper".

My sensors are good, because they read correctly. The locations are just wrong.

Back