Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

-

I see both have cow catchers installed
grin.gif
(that's what my wife calls them). Our first off roading trip ..she killed Bambie on the way there
frown.gif

Gary,
it's incredible, but the only times that I've ever hit an animal is in a vehicle without a bull-bar. Since having vehicles with them, I've never come close.

Korean Redneck,
Sydney is experiencing a housing boom, with everyone packed in like sardines, no-where for kids to play etc.

Lithgow is far enough away that we've still got space, and we've also got a broad range of housing styles.

The house across the road is our neighbour who moved north...selling for $268k (Oz) ($190 to $200k US).

Just some of the visual references.

The treeline is two blocks up the hill. 4 years ago those very trees were ablaze in the fires that we had. Walk uo that hill, and there's no houses for 20 to 30km (some roads).

The palm tree in the other house looks neat standing in 6" snow.

Nice rigs, Shannow.

Next year I will most likely turn in the company car, and am starting to think what I should buy. On one hand, I've never had a truck or an SUV, and am thinking that it would be cool to own one (an Xterra or Frontier). On the other hand, I don't really NEED one and would like to get something more sporty like a 330ci. I miss my A4. Decisions, decision...

Quattro Pete,
I bought the 4Runner to do some light 4WDing and trips etc.

The Navara came after we had kids, and wanted to keep the kids and dogs in separate (separate air systems also) compartments.

If there was a 2WD high ground clearance Navara (as is available in some markets), I would have bought that...less weight, and better mileage. Nissan's LSD works well enough for what I do.

Ideally the 4Runner would go, and I'd have a small 2wd diesel ute running vegetable oil, but that's not to be as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back