Toys for the Caprice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Well, going to delete the AFM/DOD on the Caprice. New cam, valve springs, timing chain, ZL1 Converter and long tubes.
Hoping for 440 at the wheels and low to mid 12's in the 1/4 mile
Cam specs are as follows. 227/234 .614"/.576" 113+2
I will post some progress pictures, but for now you have these.

20191113_181656.jpg

20191113_181658.jpg

20191113_181704.jpg

20191113_181719.jpg

Nice!! Though I would have measured for pushrod length before ordering......But it usually works out with 7.400"

*You running LS7 lifters??
*Your "Tensioned" timing chain will be too long for a LS2 "Damper" conversion, Unless I'm just not seeing a timing chain in the kit?

I have the new timing chain and LS7 lifters are on the way. They were on back order.
I think all the L77/76 guys are running those push rods.

Last edited:
Lets see...
new lifter valley, new ARP head bolts, new ARP crank pulley bolt, new lifter trays, LS7 lifters, Cam, gaskets, timing chain, push rods, valve springs, Kooks Chevy SS long tubes, ZL1 Converter, and odds and ends
I think that is everything.

Well.....Pushrod length is decided by the Base Circle of the camshaft, While your correct that LSx engine dimension are pretty consistent.....But aftermarket cam grinds can vary!!

I'll loan you my pushrod length check tool if your interested in checking.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Well.....Pushrod length is decided by the Base Circle of the camshaft, While your correct that LSx engine dimension are pretty consistent.....But aftermarket cam grinds can vary!!

I'll loan you my pushrod length check tool if your interested in checking.

Thanks, but as you probably guessed...I have one.
smile.gif

Can't wait to wake the fat guy up!

Now this is the quality content I love to see!

Jeremy from Fasterproms has a sick Caprice PPV, they're sleepers if you don't know anything about them. Never seen one in this area... or I did but it just blended in. Can't wait for more!

Do you have a way to align the front cover upon reassembly? What about a puller for the balancer.....It will destroy a standard 3-jaw!!

I have both, I replaced the balancer before. It had the wobble. My buddy has a tool to align the front cover.
I have done a few L76 cars so this on should be cake...I hope.

I will have it dyno tuned locally. It is 500 bucks, but worth it. I am not as good with the tuning and there are two places around here that are awesome.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Now this is the quality content I love to see!

Jeremy from Fasterproms has a sick Caprice PPV, they're sleepers if you don't know anything about them. Never seen one in this area... or I did but it just blended in. Can't wait for more!

His car is bad is awesome. Lots of talk about it on the Caprice boards. Lucked out when I got mine. It was never in service and is 2014 so it got the "better" interior with Bluetooth and USB.

caprice2.jpg

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Do you have a way to align the front cover upon reassembly? What about a puller for the balancer.....It will destroy a standard 3-jaw!!

I have both, I replaced the balancer before. It had the wobble. My buddy has a tool to align the front cover.

I will have it dyno tuned locally. It is 500 bucks, but worth it. I am not as good with the tuning and there are two place around here that are awesome.

I should have known that.....I'll leave you alone now Mike!

I will have it dyno tuned locally. It is 500 bucks, but worth it. I am not as good with the tuning and there are two place around here that are awesome.

I should have known that.....I'll leave you alone now Mike!

LOL nope. It is all good. I always appreciate your advice man! You are keeping me honest!

I think you will hit your power goals! My 6.2L with a
LSA 114
ICL 110
Duration @0.50" 220/230
Lift 579"/.562"

Made 407 RWHP/444 RWTQ on a Mustang Chassis dyno through a 4L80E & a Dana 60....Your more efficient 6L80E will definitely help!

Did you get some ARP manifold bolts on that 3500HD yet......
18.gif
grin2.gif

LOL!

First thing I did thanks to you! That was smart. I didn't think to preemptive with those. It was so easy with the truck being young.

I think you will hit your power goals! My 6.2L with a
LSA 114
ICL 110
Duration @0.50" 220/230
Lift 579"/.562"

Made 407 RWHP/444 RWTQ on a Mustang Chassis dyno through a 4L80E & a Dana 60....Your more efficient 6L80E will definitely help!

I hope so, that should be plenty for a daily.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dareo
Please drop it off at my house when its all installed!

LOL, I will consider it.

You should just get that Camaro.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dareo
Please drop it off at my house when its all installed!

LOL, I will consider it.

You should just get that Camaro.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Or he could get 2 Camry's!
wink.gif
crackmeup2.gif

You think an otherwise stock Camry would survive a 75-100 shot of giggle gas?
57.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back