Toyota WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I saw it stated on here that it wasn't. Anyways I did a search around and I'm still seeing most say its not a full synthetic ATF fluid.

Has anyone found any information confirming it is a full synthetic or not?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I thought that the Toyota WS is synthetic fluid ATF and the Toyota T-IV is a conventional fluid ATF but, IDK!

I had the same understanding.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1165056

From the link
Originally Posted By: kd5byb
The Ravenol product seems to be semi-synthetic: (at least that's what I think it says, my German is very very bad)

Quote:
RAVENOL Automatic-Getriebeцl T-WS Lifetime
Art.- 211106

Beschreibung:
RAVENOL Automatic-Getriebeцl T-WS Lifetime ist ein Automatikgetriebeцl ATF auf Basis der neuesten Technologie der HC/HT-Hydrocrackцle und PAO. Die spezielle Formulierung sorgt fьr eine doppelt so lange Lebensdauer wie bei einem vergleichbaren ATF-Цl.RAVENOL Automatic-Getriebeцl T-WS Lifetime erfьllt die Anforderungen der modernsten Getriebeцlspezifikationen fьr sequential Automatikgetriebe von Toyota und Aisin Warner.

Qualitдts-Klassifikation:
RAVENOL Automatic-Getriebeцl T-WS Lifetime entspricht den Anforderungen fьr Automatik-Getriebe:

TOYOTA 08886-02305
Lexus JWS3324
Aisin Warner Sequential Automatic Gearbox

Yes, group 3 base oils are referred to as mineral oils in scientific literature, especially in Japan. Yet, they are called full synthetic for the sake of marketing in USA.
So, what's your point again?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I thought that the Toyota WS is synthetic fluid ATF and the Toyota T-IV is a conventional fluid ATF but, IDK!

Ditto...

Dino juice or lobster tears, it does not matter! What matters is that it is an approved fluid for the application by the manufacturer.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Dino juice or lobster tears, it does not matter! What matters is that it is an approved fluid for the application by the manufacturer.

Agree, but for people who like to know, the secret of WS ATF is using high VI base oil with low molecular weight VII. This way you can have both low viscosity and low wear.

On the other hand, we don't know much about other fluids marketed as compatible with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back