Toyota Venza oil consumption?

Originally Posted by benjy
girlfriends oil thirsty 13 malibu 2.5 is doing better since changing to euro spec 5-40 oil

Did you change the PCV valves on your girlfriends Malibu. That would help

On Saturday I did an oil change on my brother-in-law's 2013 Toyota Venza 2.7L i4, before I drained the oil I checked the oil level and found the dipstick completely dry, I thought to myself this isn't good at all. I drained the oil and changed the filter (used Pennzoil Platinum and OEM filter). It holds 4.6 quarts, but only 2.6 quarts came out. No oil leaking or dripping anywhere, can't figure out how it could it be 2 quarts low, he always took it to a Toyota dealership for service.

This guy can do anything when it comes to construction but when it comes to cars his clueless. He takes his cars in for service when the "maintenance required" light comes on and has no idea how many miles he puts on between oil changes. My guess it was probably 10k since the last oil change because if I remember Toyota went to 10 OCI in 2011/2012.

This is a perfect example why I hate 10k OCI for the average Joe that is clueless about car maintenance.

Is the 2.7 i4 in the Venza known for oil consumption?
Please, can you tell what happen
^^I agree with geeman, most cars have a oil pressure sensor not a oil level sensor and there is a big difference between the two. It would be nice if a oil level sensor was standard on all vehicles.
Please can you tell what happend after the follow-up of the oil change you did? Did it continue the consumption?
Best regards

I have the 2009 Venza with the same 1AR-FE. 2.7L engine. That is the first year of production. That is an extremely solid engine and not an oil burner. The dipstick reads Full before I change it. Mine has a 5,000 mile OCI as that model year uses conventional TGMO.

^^I agree with geeman, most cars have a oil pressure sensor not a oil level sensor and there is a big difference between the two. It would be nice if a oil level sensor was standard on all vehicles.

Reminds me of a Peugeot 505 turbo I had back in the day. When you would turn the key forward to run without starting it, the oil pressure gauge would read oil level. It was really a great idea.

Back