Toyota Tundra Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota's are not fussy with the oil, my Lex runs 15/40 summertime...purrs like a kitten..anyway, Wal-Mart oil changes are $20 and you can shop while it's happening, I'd pick a 5/30 especially in AR. if not just do a 5/20 if the warranty spooks you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Tundra73
Originally Posted by Harry_Seaward
That's a bunch of miles in a truck that is not known for gas mileage
cool.gif

Didn't buy it for mpg, I bought it for reliability.
cool.gif

True that. I picked up an 08 Crewmax earlier this summer. Could've bought a newer domestic or even a new Tundra, but the lack of reliability and the hyped up interior creature comforts per dollar just don't add up.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by PimTac
Pour point is not a accurate reflection of the quality of a base oil.

Pour Point is typically useless, having been replaced by CCS and MRV, however, it does give a small hint at whether there is PAO in the base oil blend, as PAO doesn't have wax in it, so it will produce wickedly low pour points as an artifact of its presence, far below where PPD's are no longer effective in more conventional bases.

^This.
Though there are outliers such as BMW TPT 5W30 with pour point of -36c, and Noack of 6.2%:)

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by PimTac
Pour point is not a accurate reflection of the quality of a base oil.

Pour Point is typically useless, having been replaced by CCS and MRV, however, it does give a small hint at whether there is PAO in the base oil blend, as PAO doesn't have wax in it, so it will produce wickedly low pour points as an artifact of its presence, far below where PPD's are no longer effective in more conventional bases.

^This.
Though there are outliers such as BMW TPT 5W30 with pour point of -36c, and Noack of 6.2%:)

The current incarnation? I'd expect it to be GTL based
21.gif

actually my tundra v6 is a slight improvement over my last work truck. a 93 Silverado with the whimpy but durable 305. it got 10mpg towing same trailer. yea I doubt any truck will do much better. its all stop and go city traffic. I do not run the ac usually either. the tundra out towes the old Silverado also. suprising the power from the v6 in such a big heavy truck.good low end tourque

Originally Posted by Tundra73
My 2019 Toyota Tundra has a required 5,000 mile OCI because it is the Flex Fuel (FFV) engine. Even though I don't run E85 in it ever, which means I can probably do 10,000 like the non-FFV Tundras without issue, I don't want to void the warranty.

Anyway, my free Toyota Care oil changes are ending soon, and my dealership uses bulk Mobil Super Synthetic for the oil changes, but now I will be paying for it. Should I just let them continue to use that oil, or should I bring my own? If I bring my own, they will only charge me labor for the service. I was thinking for only a 5,000 mile OCI that Quaker State Ultimate Durability might be a better choice.

When I get out of warranty, I plan to do 10,000 mile OCI's with Mobil 1 EP. Until then, I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

*P.S. Would change it myself, like I did when I was younger, but I have rotator cuff tears in both shoulders and suffer from vertigo.

It's fine, those are some of the most reliable engines Toyota has ever made and it would go a quarter million miles with canola oil in the crankcase. Don't worry about it, Mobil Super meets all necessary specs and will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back