Alumin...4
Vis.....7.0
TAN.....1.55
Oxid....16
Nitration..2

"No corrective action required."

The Amsoil ATF is doing very well here.

Ken

Ken - from your last posting did you just sample or drain and fill?

Yeah, the fluid doesn't have anything to do with it Steve. Sheesh man.
grin.gif
Would you have posted this if it was RL, Schaeffer's, M1, or other fluid. (show me)
nono.gif
I'm not sure why you respond so to just about every post that has Amsoil in the header.

No I don't Pablo, The reason for real good uoa numbers is the unit is wearing well , and proper operation by Ken2. The uoa would be good with any quality oil.

I actually agree with you Steve S to some extent. But with another good quality oil it's unlikely you would have written as you did. If it was a group II base ATF well.....we would have read the virtues of not needing synthetic ATF. Just trying to keep some balance, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Pablo, if there were several uoas with for example Chevron oil then several with Amsoil and the numbers were half of the Chevrons then we can talk Amsoils greatness.

It's a good report Jim 5 with a great ATF in a Toyota pulling a trailer, etc. Amsoil did some serious testing a few years ago before they slapped the Toyota T-IV "label" on.

Ken2,

What year is your Tundra? I am guessing it is 2002 or earlier with the Dexron spec oil.

I have a 2002 and my first transmission bombed at 22K (and we didn't do anything to abuse it). If your tranny is from 2003 later, then I would agree it is both your oil and transmission. But from what I have seen (and what my dealer has told me), the 00-02 transmsissions had some issues.

I just posted a 25K factory fill UOA if you want to compare.

I just switched to amsoil ATF myself. It's good to see those numbers - it looks like my investment in the Amsoil ATF was probably a good choice. You have twice the mileage that I have, and your numbers are better then mine in almost every catagory.

I don't want to start a war between Steve S and Pablo, but the Amsoil numbers look good to me.

Guy's as easy as it is to drain the pan and refill I would just do it. You only get 3-4 quarts out when you pull the drain plug so cost is next to nothing. Just make sure you have a decent transmission funel to make refilling easy. If you get 3 quarts of old fluid out and replaced every 15,000 miles that transmission will last forever according to Toyota tech. Never mind the factor recomended change interval. Any of the quality synthetic Dex III products from Amsoil,Redline,Mobil-1,Royal Purple etc...all work great. Valvoline Maxlife ATF also works great. IF you do this every 15,000 miles then convential Dex III products like Castrol's Dex III also work great. The Tundra has a very small sump capacity. Seeing how most transmission failures out of warranty are due to fluid failure in the form of oxidation it just seems to easy to stay ahead of this when the OEM gives you a drain plug.

Toyota(AW) + Amsoil + Racor = Excellent, kudos to all 3 manufacturers!

Have you ever changed the Racor element? how long is it supposed to last?

Notice the viscosity. Most fluids shear quickly. Amsoil is holding up extremely well here.

I'm a preventive maintenance junkie. I would drain/refill that ATF every year. But, your UOA proves that your driving style, filtration, and fluid chosen should easily go 100k before needing a full flush.

My only recommendation is to stick some neodymium magnets on that Racor element. The pan magnet is probably pretty well coated by now and not too effective.

I drain and refill my tansmission every year. It only takes 3qts and 5 minutes anyway. Cheap insurance.

The car is a 2001 Toyota Echo and uses the T-IV spec. I use Amsoil universal ATF.

I change mine every year with Redline D4 although now im changing over to Amsoil Universal ATF along with a filter change. I added a remote filter from permacool that used a Moble one oil filter and a filter magnet from filter mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back