Toyota transmission differential capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the capacity of an '04 Solara V-6 AT Differential? Not the transmission, but the differential. Nothing came up on"search"... Thanks.

like the corolla/prizm.. they are and can be separate depnding on the vehicle. this is sometimes vague or non-existant in some manuals so kudos for you to know/inspect your car. as far as toyota capacities there not real accurate by the book. normal proceedure would be to fill to the fill hole line or approx to amount taken out. safe guess would be about ~3qts using whatever fluid they recommend now.. a hand pump is the best way to get it in. good luck..

mudd..

Thanks all...No numbers given on Amsoil site. Haynes manual aknowledges the differential is there, but no capacitys are given. Private Toyota garage says about 3 quarts also. Maybe I'll start with about 4 quarts... .

C_B,
I have been changing the fluid on a '99 since new every 10k.Found out about the diff in the motormouth colunm in the newspaper.
It seems to be separate to me.
I would say 3/4 of a qt.Go to a dealer and get replacement plugs.They round off easy.And get the spec ATF .Get the fill plug out first.Put a lil anti-seize on em for next time.
I haven't done our '05 yet.
Please let me know how it goes.I really haven't looked at it yet.
Thanks
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back