Toyota Traded Quality for Quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Durango

That was my understanding too that it was related to the computer sofware

Please cite a credible source for this information.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10445564-64.html

Quote:
More problems may be lurking for Toyota. Speaking at an event in San Francisco on Monday, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak waxed eloquent about a "very scary" problem with his 2010 Toyota Prius.

Wozniak was speaking at Discovery Forum 2010 when he went off topic for a few minutes and spoke about problems with his 2010 Toyota Prius.

"I don't get upset and teed off at things in life, except computers that don't work right," was his segue into the Toyota comments. Then he said he had been trying to get through to Toyota and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) for three months but could not get anyone to explore an alleged software-related acceleration problem--as described below.

"Toyota has this accelerator problem we've all heard about," Wozniak said. "Well, I have many models of Prius that got recalled, but I have a new model that didn't get recalled. This new model has an accelerator that goes wild, but only under certain conditions of cruise control. And I can repeat it over and over and over again--safely."

"This is software. It's not a bad accelerator pedal. It's very scary, but luckily for me, I can hit the brakes," he said.

Toyota said it investigates all complaints. "We're in the business of investigating complaints, assessing problems and finding remedies," said John Hanson, national manager environmental safety and quality communications at Toyota. "After many years of exhaustive testing, we have not found any evidence of an electronic [software] problem that would have led to unwanted acceleration."

Too bad Wozniak...failed to mention how to repeat it "over and over".
smirk2.gif

He of all people should know publishing how it happens would bring attention to it versus simply making a claim that it happens.

You must have missed the part in the article where he stated he tried to get in touch with both Toyota and the NHSTA about it.

Because of course he simply lied in his interview because Toyota is the BESTEST EVER! So he must just be making the whole thing up...........

I think the fact that Wozniak mentioned it as a software problem got peoples attention, and was a good move. My hope is Toyota fixes this on their first attempt. I have a feeling this problem isn't going to go away that easily. JMO

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a software, electronic/electircal or electrical interference issue. If so Toyota is probably keeping it quiet and will bundle a software upgrade in the fix.

"Toyota slow to respond"

http://www.ksat.com/automotive/22411294/detail.html

I'll bet that Kamikaze Motors AKA Toyota is bankrupt because of their fraudulent methods within two years.
And rightly so because there are fatalities due to their negligence.

Even if GM's gas tanks were not perfect the tanks themselves did not cause fires or the accidents which were the cause of the tanks failure.

In Toyota's case the accidents and FATALITIES are DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTABLE to a design flaw that Toyota Motors is responsible for.
And furthermore Toyota Motors has stonewalled,denied and then delayed any action concerning their defective life threatening vehicles.

Any one that chooses to ignore this needs to bury their head in sand as well.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I think the fact that Wozniak mentioned it as a software problem got peoples attention, and was a good move. My hope is Toyota fixes this on their first attempt. I have a feeling this problem isn't going to go away that easily. JMO

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a software, electronic/electircal or electrical interference issue. If so Toyota is probably keeping it quiet and will bundle a software upgrade in the fix.

Toyota shipped their ECM's running Windows ME
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: Durango
That was my understanding too that it was related to the computer sofware

Please cite a credible source for this information.

Sorry, can't. Toyota has either paid them off already or they are dead.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

Although I can't exactly agree with you Sir.
THAT'S FUNNY
shocked2.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Rickey
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

Although I can't exactly agree with you Sir.
THAT'S FUNNY
shocked2.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Wait a minute I see your point ....now !!

Well really, I'm just being ridiculus. It's over the top and not meant to be factual.

It's a response to PT1 who continually posts overblown sensationilism from a discredited source. Then has the nerve to ask for someone to give him a credible source....it's laughable.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Toyota shipped their ECM's running Windows ME
wink.gif

That's not it. What it is is, their best programmers went to go work for Nintendo.

Their in such a deep hole due to the all the issues they have now and it looks like the Prius has brake problems associated with the on-board computer. One step forward is two steps backward!

One thing is sure the big shot at Toyota USA won't get any corporate bonuses this year!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back