Toyota to pay $16.4 million fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this whole episode, real loser (well deserved) is the American Media, who put Toyota on an altar, Wall Street Journal made them a Saint. I am a big supporter of domestic as they provide jobs. But every where, articles were written to run down domestics and praise Japanese. Toyota quality has been falling since 1989, it took 2010 to notice it, now come on, if that is not an agenda then what is.

$16.4 mil. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever came up with that figure owns a Yotota.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: Avinash
I am a big supporter of domestic as they provide jobs.

I think Toyota provides jobs as well.

they also take away jobs.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: Avinash
I am a big supporter of domestic as they provide jobs.

I think Toyota provides jobs as well.

they also take away jobs.

So do the D3

Originally Posted By: USA1
$16.4 mil. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever came up with that figure owns a Yotota.

I think $16.4 million is the most NHTSA could fine them.

EDIT:
Found it, "If not for regulations that capped the fine at $16.4 million, NHTSA would have fined Toyota $13.8 billion, according to a letter the agency sent to the automaker in April."
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

Sounds like they should have changed that regulation, that would have paid for Chrysler!
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: USA1

I think $16.4 million is the most NHTSA could fine them.

EDIT:
Found it, "If not for regulations that capped the fine at $16.4 million, NHTSA would have fined Toyota $13.8 billion, according to a letter the agency sent to the automaker in April."
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

Sounds like they should have changed that regulation, that would have paid for Chrysler!
lol.gif

Yup, and at least started to pay them back for all of the dumping, trade restrictions/tariffs, currency manipulation, etc. that their government/M.O.T. practiced for decades (with TOY's FULL approval/support of course) against U.S.!!!!!!

Even though it would take more like a 13.8 trillion buck fine to fully pay back the above damage to our economy/workers.

I'm going to lock this one up.

We got the point that Toyota is going to pay a fine to the powers to be.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back