Toyota Tacoma will be made in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my 4Runner over a Tacoma solely because it was 100% made in Japan.

Give me a 100% made in Japan Tacoma (with the 4Runner drive train) and I'd have one in my garage.

Originally Posted by dippschtick

Give me a 100% made in Japan Tacoma (with the 4Runner drive train) and I'd have one in my garage.

That would be a HiLux.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I'll bet many people are not aware of how many "American" vehicles are already manufactured in Mexico. While there also might be plants in the US, here are some of the vehicles that are also assembled in Mexico and shipped to the US. This was 2017 data so feel free to update it.

Ford Fusion
Ram
Chevy Silverado 4 door trucks
Dodge Journey
GMC Sierra 4 door trucks

I have a 2008 Chev 3/4 ton Suburban that was assembled in Mexico. It has over 200,000 miles. Still runs well.
smile.gif

GASP!!!! Not the good ole MERICAN pick-em up trucksss!! A family member insists on buying Chevy trucks because "they are American".
33.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by dippschtick

That would be a HiLux.

I would love to have a HiLux. Wish they were available in the states.

I had to double check. It seems the HiLux is no longer assembled in Japan. Thailand has a large plant. They are also made in South Africa, South America and in the Middle East.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Right, because Toyota is supposed to operate like a non-profit.
smirk2.gif

Companies must satisfy consumer demand in order to remain in business and provide a sufficient risk weighted return on capital.

Right, but when was the last time you saw anyone lowering prices when they went for cheap labor?

Originally Posted by TTK
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Right, because Toyota is supposed to operate like a non-profit.
smirk2.gif

Companies must satisfy consumer demand in order to remain in business and provide a sufficient risk weighted return on capital.

Right, but when was the last time you saw anyone lowering prices when they went for cheap labor?

It wouldn't necessarily appear as a drop in prices but as a reduction in the rate of price increases relative to the competition on an inflation adjusted basis.

I get the feeling many people don't understand how modern manufacturing works.

Every body panel is stamped exactly how the engineers designed it.

Every weld the robots do comes out exactly the way the engineers designed it.

Every plastic part comes out of the mold exactly the way the engineers designed it.

Every fastener is selected and torqued exactly the way the engineers designed it.

Every paint job the robots do comes out exactly as the engineers and programmers designed it.

None of these vary based on what country the machines are sitting in.

This^^

Tacos being overpriced + under performing need to compete with others, but as noted earlier ones made there never reduced their $$$

Originally Posted by Miller88
Mexican made vehicles always seem to have major quality problems. I have no problem buying something made in Japan, America, China, Canada or even Thailand ( would love a Mitsu Mirage), but I have a hard no on anything made in Mexico.

Yes, let's judge a vehicle solely by were it was assembled. Your Subaru was likely assembled by borderline slave laborers. But as long as they build a quality product who cares, am-I-right?
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/japan-subaru/

Originally Posted by E365

Apagalo, Apagalo!
shocked2.gif

Every plastic part comes out of the mold exactly the way the engineers designed it.

Every fastener is selected and torqued exactly the way the engineers designed it.

Every paint job the robots do comes out exactly as the engineers and programmers designed it.

how about operators ? theres never gonna be a problem free production line.

What about the maintenance work performed on the robots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back