Toyota Tacoma TRD Lift Kit Raises Suspension, Keeps Active Safety Functionality

Get the 6-speed manual.

I‘m not interested in a new Tacoma (I have a good Tacoma already), but, if I was, the fact that a manual trans is available, in this day and age of manuals being discontinued, would be a real consideration for me.

I do wish they offered the crew cab long bed with the manual.

Currently, to my knowledge, the manual is only offered in Access Cab (6’ bed) or Crew Cab shortbed.

I’d be looking at a new Ranger or the all new 2022 Frontier in that segment (and I own a 2011 Tacoma).

Both have superior powertrains with well thought out engine and transmission pairings.

Some people need the Instagram likes though - can’t get those without a Tacoma.

I’d be looking at a new Ranger or the all new 2022 Frontier in that segment (and I own a 2011 Tacoma).

Both have superior powertrains with well thought out engine and transmission pairings.

Some people need the Instagram likes though - can’t get those without a Tacoma.
Good point on the Frontier. I believe that will be a superior powertrain to the Taco’s.

And...you can go and test that new 3.8 V6/JATCO 9-spd auto combination, because, surprisingly, Nissan is offering it in the current 2021 Frontier!

I drove a Tacoma TRD last year. Was awful. The 3.5L and 6 sp AT were not paired well. That may have been fixed though. They are also made in Mexico, unlike the 4Runner.

Frontier is too little too late IMO.

I would never want a manual in a truck. Just not my thing.

Good point on the Frontier. I believe that will be a superior powertrain to the Taco’s.

And...you can go and test that new 3.8 V6/JATCO 9-spd auto combination, because, surprisingly, Nissan is offering it in the current 2021 Frontier!
By all accounts it’s very well balanced with great manners. Smart move on Nissan’s part (which is saying something because it seems like they’ve done everything BUT lately). lol

Nice looking. I don't know I'm skeptical until I see some reviews.

Nice looking. I don't know I'm skeptical until I see some reviews.

I believe it will be reliable. Nissan has been building great V6’s for a very, very long time.

It may not improve much on fuel economy vs. the old 4.0. But it has about 50 more horsepower.

Back