Toyota Spin-on OEM same as Mazda little filter

Interestingly enough, looks like Toyota moved to a smaller filter in this case 6607 size comparatively in Fram. Both Mazda and Toyota/Denso seem to have move production to Thailand. Couldn’t tell the difference between the two

I thought it was using the larger 4967 size according to Fram parts lookup but this is the first time I’m doing my parent’s OCI on their 2020 Toyota Corolla LE so I went what the guy at the parts counter suggested since the latter was a cartridge. I thought worst case I’d use it on my Mazda 3 :p

I was a little bit shocked how cheap they were at the stealership compared to Fram in crappy tire or Wally World. $25 for a pack of 3 ~ $8.5 each with gasket for drain plug

PS: Canadian rupees so this is cheap for us :D
AD0D18A6-97CD-41D7-8327-60D61DA7965E.jpeg

4076693D-0914-4420-951E-25C7C167C7A5.jpeg

I don't think the Mazda filter has and ADBV - but I think the Toyota does.....am I correct?

Toyota's use 3/4" threads
Mazda uses 20mm threads

Obviously, there are exceptions since Toyota also sells Subarus and BMWs as Toyotas
And, for a few years, some Mazdas were Fords

Denso and Roki have separate plants in Thailand but the similarities are so close it does make one wonder.

The Mazda filters for Skyactiv do not have a ADBV. The filter for the turbo SkyActiv is different though.

The Mazda Ford collaboration has been dead for some time now.

“I don't think the Mazda filter has and ADBV - but I think the Toyota does.....am I correct?”

“Toyota's use 3/4" threads”
“Mazda uses 20mm threads”

While the filters discussed here are very high quality, I don’t know enough about filters to do substitutions.

I just use OEM filters and call it a day, even if I have to buy it at the dealer.

Be careful - some Mazdas were sold under the Toyota badge(the North American Yaris iA is basically a Mazda2) with more to come. I buy the 90915-YZZS1 filters for a friends Subaru, it’s a Thai Denso about the size of the “fat” AA130 filter used on the WRX/FXT with the FA20F.

In this case, it’s best to stick with the common Toyota 3/4-16 filters for the rest of the fleet, and buy the Subaru/Mazda ones for the oddballs(iA and FR-S).

Denso OEM Toyota has made filters in Thailand for a long time Now.

“I don't think the Mazda filter has and ADBV - but I think the Toyota does.....am I correct?”
“Toyota's use 3/4" threads”
“Mazda uses 20mm threads”

While the filters discussed here are very high quality, I don’t know enough about filters to do substitutions.

I just use OEM filters and call it a day, even if I have to buy it at the dealer.
I went with the parts lookup tools like Fram they recommend filters with that can be substituted with. In my case XG6607 or XG4967 which I’ve tried in my Mazda.

im sure it can be used otherwise Fram would be in deep ****

In my case XG6607 or XG4967 which I’ve tried in my Mazda.
Two different threads with those filters. They are NOT interchangeable. Not sure if you meant something else, of course, i.e. for different cars.

Back