Toyota should hire this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my two pedal system. Especially because I have limited mobility in my right ankle due to an injury some time ago and can't move it sideways.

Also I could just see the seniors screwing this up and ending up in store fronts etc.

Thanks for posting this article though...
thumbsup2.gif

That has disaster written all over it. I can't even IMAGINE moving my foot to the side to accelerate. Just a horridly awkward motion.

Maybe Toyota should switch to Motorcycle controls
grin2.gif

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the steering wheel and putting some sort of handlebar style steering in a car. Then you can put the trottle on the right of it like a bike but keep the foot pedal for braking.

The concept of having pedals set up in a way that gives you a better reaction time going from the gas to the brake makes sense.

I just don't think that this is a good execution of that.

FAIL Of course, some suckers might believe that this might be a good idea since it was invented in Japan......

At least with the two pedal system, there is one for go, and one for slow, irrespective that one or two events in quite a few billion end up on the wrong pedal.

My sister is paraplegic, and has a one handle solution. Rotate the handle down for acceleration, and push the assembly in for braking. (the axial down the steering wheel braking controls the normal brake pedal, and the rotating the assembly around the steering column axis the accelerator pedal). Talk about power assisted braking, as your weight, under braking adds to the braking effort.

Have seen plenty of occasions where the action of the brakes would be hindered by failure to (and inability to) remove acceleration under a snap braking event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back