"Toyota recalls more than 565,000 vehicles over faulty parts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only North American car affected by this is the Prius. Rest are in Japan, Europe, Australia etc

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

It wasn't immediately clear whether the recall affected cars sold outside Japan. Toyota officials couldn't be reached for comment late Tuesday.

That could be a reason for not too much comment on it.

I posted in the general board last year that Toyota had recalled my 1990 4Runner (15 years old !!) to replace a steering component.

Over a million vehicles that time.

I see this as a positive not a negative attribute. Proactive recalls and TSB's are not uncommon with Toyota. Better than letting a bunch of case files pile up.

Oh I get it. Toyota recalls are "proactive". That strikes me as funny.

Will you pat Ford on the back when the next recall comes around?

I firmly believe that in time the same thing will happen to Honda and Toyota that happened to the big three in the 70's and 80's. I think it has already started.

quote:

Originally posted by milwaukee:

Proactive, as in before the governement forces them to do the recall. That stikes me as a good company.

Doing something before the government forces you is not "proactive".

The big three have had non government mandated recalls so please don't be biased with your praise.

quote:

Doing something before the government forces you is not "proactive".

The big three have had non government mandated recalls so please don't be biased with your praise.

Some of us actually have experiance with recalls from several car companies.

I say that Toyota IS more pro-active than others.

Safety type stuff, and I think all manufacturers (maybe not mitsubishi) will recall.

Coolant leaks etc...Toyota had problems with the 3VZE engine down here, and recalled them for coolant leaks from defective head gaskets.

Buy a 15 year old 4Runner even today, take it to an Oz dealer and get them to run a VIN check on the head gasket work, and if it hasn't been done, they will book it in.

100,000 km cars (like mine) even got new blocks, bearings and pistons if necessary.

For a simple coolant leak.

I had a '94 4runner. Mine didn't have head gasket problems but my freinds did and they fixed it. Something like $2300.00 in mid 90s dollars.
Honda makes better cars. But Toyotas last forever too. I would'nt own a vehicle made by Ford, GM or Chrysler. Remember that next recall. Flame on.

Every recall I have had with GM, I have had the problem a minimum of 4 months beforehand.

Rusted, broken tailgate straps, taillight/blinker light on Trailblazer, Brake hose on Silverado, etc., etc., etc.

Toyota's stock rose after this announcement. Show me where Ford or GM's did after a pretty major safety recall.

More like proactive, ie they dont want the bad publicity. Go back a few years and see how many people had to fight toilet odor to fix their crappy head gaskets in their Four runners. Friend was told to go **** himself and shelled out 900$ back in 97 to have his done and wrote a zillion people at toilet odor about his problem. they eventually reimbursed him 2 years later but alas he will never buy another.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Proactive, as in before the governement forces them to do the recall. That stikes me as a good company.

It appears that the thread is turning into, "What car company has the best products."

I find that strange, because we all know who has a better product. Don't we.

I honestly think some people would find a way to praise toyota no matter what they do.

Ford, GM, Chrysler recalls=junk

Toyota recalls=good, well run company

Interesting.

My statements have nothing to do with products. Just the idea that toyota and honda can do nothing wrong in the eyes of certain people yet the big three could cure cancer and the same folks would put a negative spin on the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back