"Toyota recalls more than 565,000 vehicles over faulty parts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota has been having some growing pains. Lexus, the paragon of quality is having it's first problems of any note. This past year, Toyota, all but caught GM, with 191 billion in revenue to GM's 192. Toyota has had fewer quality problems and made a 6.5% profit. Toyota made about 6 and a half million vehicles to GM's 9 something million. So with these growing problems, Toyota has to adjust to maintaining quality during this growth period. If Toyota just maintains their numbers, they will pass GM very soon in any useful metrics you would like to use.

I don't think Toyota quality is a myth. They do a pretty good job, mistakes and all. In 2003 CR listed 31 best quality vehicles and Toyota had 17, and I think that represented almost every model in their lineup. Ford had 2, GM was either 1 or none. Those numbers are not the gospel on quality but they indicate that Toyota might be doing a good job, at least as good as any other manufacturer. One final note, Toyota is doing all this growth, building pretty good cars and making the highest profit margins in the business. They must be doing something right.

I could care less about the problems during the first 90 days of ownership. Any vehicle should work well during that time. Problems during the first 9 years of ownership is information that gets my attention.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:

quote:

Originally posted by dailydriver:

quote:

Originally posted by milwaukee:
Oh I get it. Toyota recalls are "proactive". That strikes me as funny.

Will you pat Ford on the back when the next recall comes around?

I firmly believe that in time the same thing will happen to Honda and Toyota that happened to the big three in the 70's and 80's. I think it has already started.

One can only hope that will happen. But with the Nippon (let's remember, they are NOT American companies, the American public is quick to forget/justify this fact) Giants, the problem is they have so much reserve, they can have "red" years for the next 50+ yrs. and still be in the black, sadly enough.
frown.gif

One can only hope that happens?

Why don't you HOPE that your beloved GM/Ford get their stuff together instead?
I bet you're the kind of guy that hope's his coworkers call in sick and do nothing in order to make you look good?
Cripes man, you're just sad.

Scott

No, No on the name calling. Deleted that part.
nono.gif

Yes, I know, it's sad (and criminal) in this country to want American companies to do better than foreign companies.
rolleyes.gif
Yes, the ultimate evil one could possibly perpetuate is wishing failure on foreign competitors and success on domestic manufacturers. BTW, I do HOPE that "my beloved" (again, I know it's a sin to like/support domestic manufacturers who have treated me very well and given me more product than I could have asked for) GM/Ford get their "stuff together" and kick foreign a$$. But, as many on here have stated, even if they do/can surpass them by leaps and bounds in quality/reliability/value/performance, this is not enough in this public's eyes/perception!

Also, please don't hesitate to call me any name you want, you sanctimonious ****.

OK, you are hereby "clueless"

What's sad is that a guy like you would rather GM keep on their current path AND that the Japanese fail so consumers get cra* cars instead of GM actually getting it together.

As for being "sanctimonious", that word does not fit what I posted. What do morals have to do with my post?

Get a thesaurus or dictionary at least...

ScottB .... Man take a chill pill. Just because GM shows signs of survival and has many supporters to boot is no reason to get all up tight now.
smile.gif

Yup just like FORD stopped the Quality Is Job 1....Because they did not have any....and its not nice to lie to the public like that...

I never thought I'd see the day when one is considered a pariah for buying domestic nameplate/American company's products. It is sad that day has come.
frown.gif
The Nippons (and other's) have really won the mind war.

Yes, if they keep giving me product like my current ride, I WILL keep supporting them!
patriot.gif
You (and others) keep insisting it is $h!t, and I know it is NOT! Sorry, I know it upsets you (and all of the other domestic bashers/import only supporters), but, at least in my case (and I'm not the only one by any means) GM has nothing to apologise for, nor do I have to make apologies for them. They gave me a very reliable, 4 mile, >30mpg hwy. car for

and the Quality war...and the build cars that people want War....Yes for the American Big three...as general patton said....War is ****.....

quote:

Originally posted by Rickey:
ScottB .... Man take a chill pill. Just because GM shows signs of survival and has many supporters to boot is no reason to get all up tight now.
smile.gif

Signs of survival?
Many supporters to boot?
Ignoring problems won't make them go away.
GM will get busted, thanks to people with attitudes like yours.

vad : Is there something in the water there in Socal ? Whatever it is it seems to have gotten to both ScottB and you too. I thought this thread was about Toyotas problems anyhow. What gives?

Well you guys and some others seem to pile onto anything that can even remotely be turned anti-GM,even this thread which is about Toyotas problem and recall. So I think turn about is fair play. More to come on the next import recall.

[ June 05, 2006, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Rickey ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back