Toyota Pink (Zerex Asian) vs Nissan Blue (Zerex Asian Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I am about to embark on a major overhaul of the cooling system and timing chain set up in my 2006 Nissan Xterra (4.0 V6). For the past ten or so years I have run the Zerex Asian Pink coolant in the Xterra without any issues. I chose to run the pink because I also own two Toyota's and it was just easier for everything to use the same coolant.
Now that I will be replacing every component of the cooling system including hoses, should I switch to the Zerex blue coolant or is the Zerex pink fine? What are the differences between the pink and blue coolants?

Thank you,
Zack

Originally Posted by Zack1978
... What are the differences between the pink and blue coolants? ...
Only the dye color.

Originally Posted by CR94
Only the dye color.

This. Use red/pink with no concern!

In the Zerex website, for Asian vehicles they show Pink for Toyota,Lexus,Scion and Blue for Hyundai, Nissan, Subaru, but in the PI sheet, they only show one set of specs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CR94
Only the dye color.
This. WM Valv/Zerex, ZAF, same AFs in tint to match OEM tint of vehicles. Red-ish, Toyota/Lex/Scion. Blue, Honda, Nissan, Suby…. Long service interval Asian PHoat AFs.

I like the idea of colored fluids. Mazda uses green and it would be easy for some technician to just top off with conventional green. I think I will buy toyota red and use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back