Toyota Oil Filters at Walmart?

Spotted these the last time I was picking up oil and was kinda curious if anyone here has confirmed that they're legit genuine Toyota or cheap knock-offs that have been floating around online?

20230112-122644.jpg

Legit but you can get a better deal on a dozen from an online toyota dealer.

I'd not consider amazon or ebay.

Walmart tries pretty hard to keep counterfeit stuff off its shelves. Cheezy stuff, sure, but they won't have pirated movies or other intellectual property issues unless someone buys real and returns fake.

Why would Walmart have cheap knockoffs? Had more problems at local AP stores in the 90's with Delco stuff. Man the market was flooded with Fake Delco.

Genuine Toyota Made in Thailand?

Had problems with those. One of the reasons I joined this forum.
Others here haven't I have been told and scolded , so it was just me.

My cars are special and want Japanese parts it seems.

Seems expensive. I’ve always just bought by the case off Amazon or Ebay. But the dealership I think usually has them at a reasonable price, better than what’s shown in that pic, if one doesn’t trust Amazon/Ebay, although TBH I haven’t been in the dealership in a while. Just seems like $8 for a filter is pricey.

As accurately noted, Legit. Bought a Toyota Thai Denso 90915-YZZD3 to confirm a previous finding of black adbv as silicone. Confirmed.

Only wanted/needed one, checked internet prices and local dealer, local WM store price lowest.

Legit but you can get a better deal on a dozen from an online toyota dealer.

I'd not consider amazon or ebay.

Walmart tries pretty hard to keep counterfeit stuff off its shelves. Cheezy stuff, sure, but they won't have pirated movies or other intellectual property issues unless someone buys real and returns fake.
Yes, I got a nice deal on a case of oil filters from Conicelli Toyota in PA. Less than $3.50 each with washers and free shipping about 3 years ago.

if anyone here has confirmed that they're legit genuine Toyota
No one here can "confirm" anything but it's laughable when people think places as big as Walmart would sell counterfeit anything. Walmart doesn't buy from middlemen, they are the largest retailer in the world and almost every other business would love to have their product on Walmart's shelves. They sell OEM filters from many other companies as well.

No one here can "confirm" anything but it's laughable when people think places as big as Walmart would sell counterfeit anything. Walmart doesn't buy from middlemen, they are the largest retailer in the world and almost every other business would love to have their product on Walmart's shelves. They sell OEM filters from many other companies as well.
O people just love to bash Wal Mart for everything...You see it on this site alot.....

I would buy OEM filters from Walmart, or Autozone. Why take a chance on counterfeit from Amazon or ebay or even RA. I have enough Toyota ones I got from BAM wholesale parts until I am out of warranty, then I will switch to something else anyway.

Reactions: hrv
Does Toyota claim an efficiency, micron and life numbers for their oil filters?
i’ve always read they were on the low end… which has always made me wonder, does it really matter? The highest mile vehicles were taxicabs getting the cheapest of the cheap, last I knew.

Does Toyota claim an efficiency, micron and life numbers for their oil filters?
Not that I could ever find. The can's I have had are all made by Denso - and most recently come from Thailand but had some from Mexico before. I am sure from the cut open vids there a basic cellulose with nitrile ADBV.

O people just love to bash Wal Mart for everything...You see it on this site alot.....

I don’t bash Wal mart. Just hate when I ask for help I get looked at like I’m a invalid. And the amount of used oil in 5quart jugs is unacceptable. It’s not their fault; but at least question stuff like this.

i’ve always read they were on the low end…
I don't know that many OEMs publish specs for their OEM filters but they will certainly require a good level of specification. Problem is, far too many people seem to have unrealistic expectations or requirements for filters (and many other things).

Back