Toyota oil filters are pricing me out,what are the alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pelican
$7.50 for a filter and you are complaining? This expense will occur probably twice a year and this will send you into financial ruin? Let's get serious!
spankme2.gif

its probably because the going price at one time for those yzzd3 filters were at $4 US plus tax locally about a year ago, also believe it or not im not rolling in money to buy a higher cost filter for only 5000 mile OCI if theres an equivilent that's cost effective and works just as well, if I was 10k ocis totally different story

Originally Posted by Pelican
$7.50 for a filter and you are complaining? This expense will occur probably twice a year and this will send you into financial ruin? Let's get serious!
spankme2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Astro14
They're about $4 each at my dealer.

Maybe be nicer to the parts counter folks?
I don't know about that, but they are really not going to like the review I gave them online and a warning to others trying to avoid bait and switch games

Originally Posted by Char Baby
If you have AutoZone in your area, many are starting to carry TOYOTA oil filters but IDK their price.
probably will use Conicelli online deal if still available when I need some or just get a Motorcraft/Purolator FL400s or 20195 at WallyWorld either are just as good for a 5k OCI as the OEM filters are

I'm running champ filters from rockauto on my 'yotas. 247k and sold, 275k and running, 273k on the other one, can't be wrong.

Ship to a business address and save a buck or two.

They started carrying them at Walmart, may be cheaper there! I'd go with a Fram or Wix, better efficiency and you get more filter for less money.

Originally Posted by jrvn
UPDATE: so I went over to TEAM TOYOTA Princeton,NJ parts after talking to the parts guy on the telephone he said he sells all sizes OEM Toyota oil filters for $4.99 a piece and told me there was a coupon buy 4 filters get the 5th free which I printed out and was headed over to get that deal, when I got there told the guy I called about the deal and said he remembered me, I restated that the price was $4.99 a piece and had the coupon too he then said that he couldn't honor both discounts
mad.gif
now if I wanted to use the coupon the price is now $5.50 per filter plus tax or I could just buy single filters for $4.99 plus tax. I bought 2 filters for total $10.65 and left. Im definetly either going to Walmart or NAPA or Conicelli online next time.

Could have went for the buy 4 at $5.50 each and get one free ... cost would have been $4.40 ea plus tax. If they were $4 a year ago, and $4.99 now then still not a bad deal since everything seems to be going up in price.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
UPDATE: so I went over to TEAM TOYOTA Princeton,NJ parts after talking to the parts guy on the telephone he said he sells all sizes OEM Toyota oil filters for $4.99 a piece and told me there was a coupon buy 4 filters get the 5th free which I printed out and was headed over to get that deal, when I got there told the guy I called about the deal and said he remembered me, I restated that the price was $4.99 a piece and had the coupon too he then said that he couldn't honor both discounts
mad.gif
now if I wanted to use the coupon the price is now $5.50 per filter plus tax or I could just buy single filters for $4.99 plus tax. I bought 2 filters for total $10.65 and left. Im definetly either going to Walmart or NAPA or Conicelli online next time.

Could have went for the buy 4 at $5.50 each and get one free ... cost would have been $4.40 ea plus tax. If they were $4 a year ago, and $4.99 now then still not a bad deal since everything seems to be going up in price.

Last time I was at my Toyota Store to get an Air conditioner relay they had a special on filters $4 each.

My local dealer has filters for $4.39 each or $3.89 if you buy 10 or more. There are also always deals on Ebay. Last 10 pack of YZZD3's I bought were less than $40 shipped through Ebay.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
mad.gif

it was more that they told me over the telephone that the filters were $4.99 apiece all day everyday and there was a coupon too, when I arrived there the price increased to $5.50 because I wanted to use the coupon and considered $4.99 already a discount price, this wasn't explained over the phone this way at all

Originally Posted by CARJ
My local dealer has filters for $4.39 each or $3.89 if you buy 10 or more. There are also always deals on Ebay. Last 10 pack of YZZD3's I bought were less than $40 shipped through Ebay.
the last case I bought yzzd3 were shipped total at $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back