Toyota OEM oil filter elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hermann, yes, Machens is the only Toyota dealer in Columbia. The next closest 'yota dealer is 30 miles south in Jefferson City.

In January of '07, I tried buying my Camry from Machens but they wouldn't budge below invoice price, so I went 100 miles west to St. Louis and was able to buy the 4-cylinder '06 LE for about $900 under invoice, after $500 rebate.

For first-time car buyers, please don't confuse invoice with MSRP :)

Last edited:
been using TOYOTA filters for years with no problem with '07 PRIUS , YARIS ( 2 ) , and 2000 CHEVY Prizm ( Corolla ) . Can't be beat at $3.50 each .

Last edited:
Ya. I use the OEM Densos a lot. Good stuff. Want to try a TRD sometime too.
About the beginning of the thread, the cardboard endcaps on Frams dont bother me much as far as strength goes, it's the sealing to the ADBV and the fact they don't have a discreet bypass valve. The cardboard if often off center and the valves don't reliably seal against the cardboard

Densos have a discreet bypass valve and ADBV pressed against that cured sealing compound ring on both ends of the media.
I can't make one leak.

good packaging ( plastic cover ) of the DENSO filter along with lubricant on the seal . Almost sounds like a TROJAN commercial .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back