Toyota, Honda, Hyundai fall again in Sept.; chips take Q3 toll on GM, Stellantis

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Automotive News: 2021 Q3 and Sept. US sales: Toyota, Kia, Hyundai slip again behind tight supplies; GM slumps in Q3.

Toyota sales year to date are up 27.9 percent as compared to the first 9 months of 2020.

Seeing this hitting BMW's, all of the X5's for 2022 have the HK stereo deleted and the heated cup holders, I assume due to the shortage.

My local Toyota dealer has slim pickens on their lot. They usually have lots. They're parking what cars they have at a 45°angle on the highway frontage to make them appear fuller. The upper class used car dealer close to them is overflowing with vehicles.

Seeing this hitting BMW's, all of the X5's for 2022 have the HK stereo deleted and the heated cup holders, I assume due to the shortage.

o.m.g...how will we ever survive? seriously, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise: maybe we will have fewer gremlins and less nonsensical fluff, and folks will be more concerned with properly operating a motor vehicle than entertaining themselves.

it would be nice to see some true base models at a lower cost from all makers. probably my favorite car was a cpo 2006 mbenz c280. it was a completely base, special order, dealer loaner, except for fake leather seats, i.e. no options, no sunroof, no premium packages, and a simply superb driving machine.

o.m.g...how will we ever survive? seriously, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise: maybe we will have fewer gremlins and less nonsensical fluff, and folks will be more concerned with properly operating a motor vehicle than entertaining themselves.

it would be nice to see some true base models at a lower cost from all makers. probably my favorite car was a cpo 2006 mbenz c280. it was a completely base, special order, dealer loaner, except for fake leather seats, i.e. no options, no sunroof, no premium packages, and a simply superb driving machine.
Not really a blessing because car makers are losing out on intense profits unless they simply omit feature and charge the same price for it.

Talk of sales-up or down. Best selling vehicles, volumes, etc., all futile until the chip issue resolves itself and the market gets back to some normalcy. Whomever has chips (Toyota) and can assemble vehicles (even without some features) are going to sell cars/trucks.

Back