Toyota GR Supra 0W-20 C5 Oil

VOA for the 2020+ Toyota GR Supra oil. Probably a small crowd that would be interested in this but wanted to share it with the rest of the community for insight. The engine in this car, for those that don't know, is the BMW B58B30C (with some collaboration with Toyota to work out things they did not like. Specifics, I do not know).

The Supra manual does not specify any BMW LL specs, just that it has to be the GR Toyota Supra C5 0w-20 oil (which I'm fairly confident also would meet other LL-017FE+ specs according what is currently spec'd for the same model year B58s).

I just wanted to get thoughts on this oil and if it compares with or is in line with other 17FE+ BMW oils or can possibly identify it (re-lable?). I most likely will not plan on running this in the future for something a little more robust (such as Motul 5W-40 X-cess gen 2).

VOA.JPG
toyota-0w-20-supra-gr-1-l.jpg
20210318_190335.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Never seen Toyota 0W-20 08880-WA011.
I looked at Toyota 0W-20 08880-12205 and it has Mo 705
It's API SN, ILSAC GF-5, tested in 2018
Blended by Exxon Mobil
Toyota 0W-20.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but this stuff seems pretty plain Jane for $12+ per L.

Are you being facetious or do you not know? Because I dont.

Easy there.

A couple of minutes of search yielded this.

Are you being facetious or do you not know? Because I dont.
It is printed at the bottom of the rear bottle label you posted. The oil report looks fine other than the fact it's a 20 grade oil in a street driven performance engine. I was looking for equivalent product packaging online and gave up after a bit; but we see now its blended by RDS

Me, I'd run a Fuchs or Castrol product for the toasty Bimmer six'er engine.

Easy there.

A couple of minutes of search yielded this.

Didn't mean to sound harsh, just wasn't sure what you meant. Thanks for the background. Should have done better searching.

It is printed at the bottom of the rear bottle label you posted. The oil report looks fine other than the fact it's a 20 grade oil in a street driven performance engine. I was looking for equivalent product packaging online and gave up after a bit; but we see now its blended by RDS

Me, I'd run a Fuchs or Castrol product for the toasty Bimmer six'er engine.
I saw the Spain part, but wasn't sure about the blended part. Any reason for those two suggested oils?

Back