Toyota Gives Man Brand New 4Runner TRD Pro

Remember the bad 100+ car pileup in Ft. Worth not long ago?

Well, one of the people involved was a paramedic driving an FJ Cruiser, and, despite being hurt, he jumped out of his destroyed FJ and started helping other people who had been injured!

Toyota got wind of it, and found out that he was a big fan of the brand, and drove an FJ, which was totaled, obviously, and offered to give him a brand-new Toyota of his choice! And he picked a new 4Runner TRD Pro!

Pretty awesome outcome!

Thought it was really cool, and, from what the article says, it's not the first time Toyota has done this.

I saw the story last week of his being caught in the pileup, getting out of his destroyed FJ and going to work helping others. After awhile other first responders who had been called out to the pileup, realized he was one of the victims...

Truly a selfless individual.

Good on Toyota for their gesture.

Maybe its a cynical way to look at it but it's a good marketing move by Toyota. For $45k or whatever it cost them to build that 4runner they get to be in a bunch of different news stories showing how generous they are.

Maybe its a cynical way to look at it but it's a good marketing move by Toyota. For $45k or whatever it cost them to build that 4runner they get to be in a bunch of different news stories showing how generous they are.
The people who own and run car companies are
Think I might have asked for a Land Cruiser.
Wonder if Toyota would have agreed to that.

I feel like this is distasteful on Toyota. Kind of a slap in the face to the other hundred drivers in this pile up.

I feel like this is distasteful on Toyota. Kind of a slap in the face to the other hundred drivers in this pile up.

Why?

The Paramedic didn't have to help anyone under the circumstances considering his own injuries. Toyota didn't have to do or say anything. I'd say both went above and beyond the call.

I saw a post from the Paramedic on another website. He seemed pretty happy that Toyota stepped up with their offer.

Back