Toyota Dumps Prius As Sales Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

247wallst.com is a good source of news, that why I posted it.

That's a good one.

Take a look at the front page for 247wallst.com right now. Of their top seven articles, five of them are listicles. There are eight additional listicles on the front page.

24/7 Wall St. is designed to fill up sponsored links with listicles and brain-dead "articles" (like this one), driving click-based revenue to advertisers.

It is quite literally a click-bait aggregate site.

I test drove Corolla the other day and salesman say the biggest Prius V going away. So that one getting dumped.

I thought the new one was weird, but now seeing a few more, I like it. I think you got bad information. Good time to buy. Gas isn't so cheap here, $2.73 for regular.
Eventually everything probably will go to electric for personal cars. We may not live to see it, but it will happen.

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
That's the thing....a misleading thread is started with only one link that does not state that Toyota is discontinuing production.

HTSS_TR is the Yahoo News Regurgitator.
grin2.gif

Previously posted by 247wallst.com:

Quote:
Incentives on the Prius have dropped to .9% for 72 months.

New post from 247wallst.com:

Quote:
Incentives on the Pruis have moved aggressively to .9% for 72 months to clear inventory before the next model year of the hybrid arrives.

http://247wallst.com/autos/2016/07/03/toyota-dumps-prius-as-sales-collapse/

247wallst.com didn't post correct info the first time.

Toyota didn't drop Prius, but they're changing the design(exterior at least) because of substantial sale drop.

Toyota is not so dumb, they saw Chevy Volt and Honda Civic sale increase because both cars are improved(performance and styling) over last year models, and their Prius is supposed to be better in performance and fuel economy but sale is about 25% less than last year, then it must be something wrong. Many auto critics make fun of the styling, Toyota has no choice other than quickly redesign it, like Honda did for Civic model year 2013 (not exactly the same, but it was somewhat similar).

According to hybridcars.com there are 3 sub-models of Prius: Liftback, C and V.

Prius Liftback is the redesign model for 2016 and sale YTD is 48,475 down -10.5% from last year 54,173

Prius C and V are old body style, these two sale are:
Prius C 11,573 down -38.8% from last year 18,921
Prius V 7,315 down -48.4% from last year 14,165

All Prius models sale are down 25% but the new 2016 downs less than the old models.

But compares with 2016 Chevy Volt that has huge sale increases about 70% more than last year, 2016 Prius does have problem with its styling.

http://www.hybridcars.com/june-2016-dashboard/

Have to say, if I had not disliked driving the C, and if I had the cash, I would be tempted to get one. Gas prices will eventually go up (then there is the green aspect).

Maybe hybrids should take a page from the current trends and look less at increasing range/mpg and more at decreasing 0-60 times. If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back