Toyota Dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently purchased an 06 Camry from a local Toyota dealership. The final price on the vehicle was very good but I have been less than pleased with their practices. Just wondering if anyone else has had less than stellar experiences with Toyota of if I aam just being picky. Here is some of what I am ticked about: when we had the leather put in they drove the car over 200 miles to get it done and left it on empty, had to call and call (never got a return) to get the leather and alloys put on, supposed to have a changer and had to talk to the general manager to get that taken care of, then the bozo that was supposed to set it up (I drove an hour there) didnt even have a scheduled appointment or the part ordered and lied about it on top of it. Is this typical for stealerships or am I just unlucky?

Most dealerships suck. It all depends on which one. Whether its GM, Ford or Toyota, they all have good and bad dealerships. The Honda dealer I purchased my car at was great. The Toyota dealership I bought my Corolla at sucked.

Look at Tundrasolutions.com They have folks raving about certain dealerships and ranting about the sleazeball practices of others.

As always, you are on your own dealing with stealerships. You can always try to contact the owner, or march into the general manager's office and tell them exactly how they lost your future business. As always, a business-courteous manner gets your message across better than a screaming fit with snot flying.

Ken

Buster said it all....

quote:

Most dealerships suck!

Sad but true.
banghead.gif

I've bought New Toyotas, Hondas, Fords, Chevy, VW and the best one was the VW dealer.

The worst was the Honda stealership.

I really dislike them all...

Love when their "Service Adviser" tells me that I need the following work and it incls a oil change which I just did less than 500 miles ago...

AND I TOLD HIM WHEN I DROPPED IT OFF THAT THE OIL HAD JUST BEEN CHANGED AND HAD HIM PUT THAT ON THE REPAIR ORDER!
twak.gif

They just have a script they read when you call them to see if the car is ready.
rolleyes.gif

And charging $80 buck an hour for their service...

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Toyota and Honda have fallen greatly in many surveys over the years. In the late '80s, they were at the top of most surveys for customer saticfaction, now they are mid pack. I usually buy them for their 15-17 year reliability, with very few problems along the way, not for their customer saticfaction in the 1st 90 days of ownership. Also, I try to stay away from the dealership service dept unless there is a warrante or recall issue.

The problem of buying a car with "extras" to be installed later is not specific to Toyota. After a similar experience with a Chevy, I would not take delivery until the car is complete in every way. The "ordered" parts will be "found" immediately if completing the sale depends on it.

I just bought a Tundra from Longo in El Monte, and was delighted by the treatment I got at delivery. This is my second truck from them. That first one needed dealer installed A/C and that was done the next day, with the finished truck delivered to my home! I dont know about the service department, because nothing failed under warranty and I do routine stuff myself.

I spoke to someone who owns a 1993 Mustang and they shared my belief that the local Ford dealer is only good if you have a truck. I think their unwritten motto is "Unless it's available with 4WD we don't want to work on it(and we don't stock any parts for it)".

I believe I get better service for my Contour and my Mustang at the indie shop I use than I would at the dealer.

****, one time I was ordering a new PCV hose for the Contour and the parts guy told me I ought to get rid of it since it's such a ***. I should've said, "Well, since I haven't taken it here for service, I haven't had any problems with it".

I hate that dealership with a passion. They stock very few parts (even common maintenance items like PCV valves), and if they have to order something, expect it to take a week and expect them to tell you the parts are in (when you call them, because they won't call you) and then go down there to find that no, not all of the parts are in.

At least there's several Ford internet parts dealers that know what they're doing. It'll still take a week, but at least I'll get a discount and the part is delivered to my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back