Toyota confirms 3-row electric SUV

Pretty standard almost everywhere, but California and Illinois.
Some states allow you to tow in the left lane continuously which Is annoying cubed.

Not even close, see this link:

towstats.com

What Speed Limit When Towing? Trailer Towing Speed Limits By State

What's the speed limit when towing a trailer? We cover trailer towing speed limits by state, along with special rules for each state here.
towstats.com
towstats.com

65 is most common. Only states higher are North and South Dakota. Many are 55 or 60.

It's the crappy undersized tires and crappy wheel bearings that are the problem in addition to other factors.

Not even close, see this link:

towstats.com

What Speed Limit When Towing? Trailer Towing Speed Limits By State

What's the speed limit when towing a trailer? We cover trailer towing speed limits by state, along with special rules for each state here.
towstats.com
towstats.com

65 is most common. Only states higher are North and South Dakota. Many are 55 or 60.

It's the crappy undersized tires and crappy wheel bearings that are the problem in addition to other factors.

Im afraid so...it's pretty standard everywhere for people to tow just like they drive 10-15 over on long freeway drives.

Im afraid so...it's pretty standard everywhere for people to tow just like they drive 10-15 over on long freeway drives.
@TheLastWord

Interesting information from the last word. I was never aware, not that it matters for but it is good to know if police behind you or nearby which in my case means I should only be going 5MPH slower then the rest of traffic. I see by the chart SC and NC is 65 MPH, not much difference as the max speed limit is 70 for no trailer and everyone does 80 ish.

Ok so on Daves comments I do have to agree, he is correct, I too am one of those violators but if you think about it no different than anyone else on the road, who does the speed limit? trailer or no trailer.

I cant blame him for being uneasy ... I stated many times and was more so recently as we moved 200 miles to another state. My Chevy Traverse with tow package can handle 5000 Lbs.
Even though it's not a monster truck by any means. It tows like a beast. I routinely mentioned in here that 200 mile trip each way, much of it interstate, first pulling a 4 wheel U Haul (largest one) and just this past Monday a boat from our old hometown. I as a matter of routine pretty I much do the same speed if I wasnt towing which is for at least 50% of the trip 75 to 85 MPH and most likely averaged 80+. I was never aware I was supposed to go 5MPH slower but if you think about it it really a big nothing (5MPH) in SC and NC.

I can understand apprehension being weary of some of those who tow. They have no idea what they are doing or how to properly tow and distribute weight. Heck most dont even know what tongue weight is, you see the trailers swinging wildly (sometimes) all over the place. My truck so stable I can literally barely touch the steering wheel at interstate speeds, just light nudges as the road bends of the roadway itself slants left or right.

Last edited:
I get the idea, but I think that makes things even worse for engine longevity. All the starting and stopping to charge as a generator only seems like it would never really run long enough to get to operating temperature especially in cold climates unless it was on an extended trip. It does sound great though.

I mean, Volt engine issues, except for maybe valve covers w/integrated PCV on the 1st gens (same crappy part as the Cruze), and EGR valves on 2nd gens, are super duper rare, and those issues aren't mechanical or related to the fact it start/stops. It doesn't just start it up cold and run it full blast, at least from what I can tell from the screen it spins it for a few seconds before starting, probably to build oil pressure, noticeable when cold, then it revs it up gently as needed. Once the engine is warmed up, it does rev up as fast as it needs to, like if merging on the highway in Hold mode or with 0 miles of EV range left. If you are using it in hybrid mode cruising along on the highway at constant speeds it just stays on at a fixed speed pretty much like a regular car.

Except for head gaskets on certain years, and oil consumption which has been an issue across the whole Toyota lineup, Priuses never really have engine issues. 2nd gen Ford Escape Hybrid taxis are still common in SF and they haven't made them since 2012. Overall, while I do think start/stop on traditional alternator/battery/starter vehicles isn't ideal, when it comes to hybrids, including plug-in hybrids, there's really no negative effects on the engine.

I mean, Volt engine issues, except for maybe valve covers w/integrated PCV on the 1st gens (same crappy part as the Cruze), and EGR valves on 2nd gens, are super duper rare, and those issues aren't mechanical or related to the fact it start/stops. It doesn't just start it up cold and run it full blast, at least from what I can tell from the screen it spins it for a few seconds before starting, probably to build oil pressure, noticeable when cold, then it revs it up gently as needed. Once the engine is warmed up, it does rev up as fast as it needs to, like if merging on the highway in Hold mode or with 0 miles of EV range left. If you are using it in hybrid mode cruising along on the highway at constant speeds it just stays on at a fixed speed pretty much like a regular car.

Except for head gaskets on certain years, and oil consumption which has been an issue across the whole Toyota lineup, Priuses never really have engine issues. 2nd gen Ford Escape Hybrid taxis are still common in SF and they haven't made them since 2012. Overall, while I do think start/stop on traditional alternator/battery/starter vehicles isn't ideal, when it comes to hybrids, including plug-in hybrids, there's really no negative effects on the engine.
Oh I understand that it's designed to use it safely, but thinking of it in terms of extremely cold climates I really don't know how you'd combat fuel dilution on cars that are short tripped. I would think it would be even worse than current ICE vehicles which already have issues with this.

Back