Toyota Brings BITOG Dream to Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was building my own Venza on their Web site (not buying just curious) and one of the options is....a premium oil filter!

Woo-hoo! BITOGers rejoice!

John

lol.gif
... now you can select the type of oil filter as an option.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
lol.gif
... now you can select the type of oil filter as an option.
33.gif

Hmmmm, considering other accessory prices, that ought to be about an $800 add-on.
I say go for it!

What is a "non-premium" filter I wonder. I bet people will love knowing toyota is skimping on something as cheap as even an oil filter from the factory.

$13 for a TRD synthetic media filter. Odd, first time I've ever seen an upgraded oil filter installed as a factory option.

LOL.

TRD_Oil_Filter_405.jpg

"Spoil your Toyota with state-of-the-art engine protection, courtesy of the TRD high-performance oil filter. TRD oil filters use 100-percent synthetic fiber filtration medium to provide the highest possible dirt removal efficiency, along with the lowest possible flow restriction" MSRP $13

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I would like it for 7 bucks or less!

I find it amazing how so many on this site want high quality for pennies, of course if a product is pennies it has to be quality...lol

You sure they aint offering an oiled air filter? I find it odd that they will offer a disposable item as an option.

But again, Toyotas go through distributors before the dealerships. It could be one of their "value-added" options. Like pin stripes. Just something to tag on the MSRP, to raise the starting point of price negociation.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Probably a FRAM Xtendedguard rebadged.

definitely not, at least not the one pictured

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stockman
Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Probably a FRAM Xtendedguard rebadged.

definitely not, at least not the one pictured

Nope that looks almost exactly like a Royal Purple filter I cut open.

RP and K&N are both made by Champion. ^^^ The TRD is the one I use. It's a good filter. Costs me 8.41 ea + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back