Toyota banjo crush washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original crush washer on my lexus caliper looks like a one piece (likely aluminum) U shape with 2 washers. It is a hard to find part, cost $14, and crosses to many Toyotas over many years.
I asked some dealers and they said everything from their techs just reusing it to buying a pack of copper washers at Harbor freight, he said he has them in his drawer. One dealer said I'll be glad to order it but I didn't sell one in 3 years :lol:.

I just received order of brake parts from an online Toyota parts place and banjo gaskets are not the u shaped OEM gaskets. Don't anticipate problems with the new crush gaskets.ss

Originally Posted by ford46guy
The original crush washer on my lexus caliper looks like a one piece (likely aluminum) U shape with 2 washers. It is a hard to find part, cost $14, and crosses to many Toyotas over many years.
I asked some dealers and they said everything from their techs just reusing it to buying a pack of copper washers at Harbor freight, he said he has them in his drawer. One dealer said I'll be glad to order it but I didn't sell one in 3 years :lol:.

I know a lot of techs who buy the HF copper washer pack for this exact purpose. I've done and it works fine. Not saying it is the "right" thing to do, but...

Right wrong or indifferent I just reused them on my Honda's and Toyota's if I ever lost or didn't get new ones in the set. Never had a single issue .

Originally Posted by Trav
the connecting piece is to aid in assembly during manufacturing and serves no additional purpose.

Agreed, Production aid only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back