Toyota and Suzuki strengthen their alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Passport1
I have a '12 Kizashi SLS AWD almost exactly like the one in your post. It is the most underrated car I've ever owned. Best car nobody ever heard of. Quick, agile and stiff like a BMW. The build quality is first rate and the interior design is almost Teutonic. Business like, intuitive and nothing unnecessary. Mine gets 33/35 highway and 30 combined with the CVT. With the AWD it handles like a Subaru in the sloppy stuff.

Since Suzuki abandoned the US/Canada market almost 6 years ago the value of the vehicles has dropped off considerably. This doesn't reflect how really good these cars were. The Kizashi was rare when it was in production and now it is difficult to find a nice one.

Almost nobody knows what I am driving and that's really fun. I debadged mine.

Buy one if you dare. This is sure to be a jewel and appreciating vehicle.

You lost me at CVT...

Originally Posted by Reddy45
I wish I could buy a Kizashi today. Was quite the car for its time but had the weakest brand backing when it was on the market.

[Linked Image from st.motortrend.com]

And the name sounded like what one does when one sneezes.

My folks had a 2002 Aerio sedan for 9 years and 130k miles, was a great car.

They replaced it with a nice black SX-4 sedan, but then traded it in on a Mitsubishi Lancer just after Suzuki pulled out of Canada bc they worried about parts supply.

Not that the Lancer is a bad car, but I told them it was a mistake to get rid of the car just for that reason.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
The Kizashi was assembled in Japan unlike their other cars and appeared to have a better interior at its price point than anything else.

IIRC most, if not all Suzuki cars were built in Japan.
And for those who don't know about the Japanese standards, they are VERY high (think Lexus etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back