Toyota and GM to merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by yugrus:
Sounds very logical to me.

Yes, Toyota understands the US consumer, knows how to build high quality cars in the US with US labor and higher domestic content than many of the Detroit offerings. Toyota also knows how to work with GM and the UAW in an area with high labor prices as evidenced by the highly successful NUMI operation in Fremont California.
http://www.nummi.com/home.html

Renault, OTOH, looked like a case of "This isn't working so lets try some other random thing."

but then how can people bash GM and love Toyota???

People will have lost a pasttime...

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
but then how can people bash GM and love Toyota???

People will have lost a pasttime...

JMH

Haven't you ever seen a Fireturd-Camero cat fight?

I'm old enough to remember the Renault Dauphine and the Toyopet - appearance-wise, both cars would've appealed to Elmer Fud and neither was adequate for the American market, but Toyota learned from the Toyopet's failure over here. Its next offering in the late '60s caught on. Renault eventually tucked its tail between its legs and ran back to France crying, "Mommy!" If GM can be saved, I'd give the sushi set a better shot at success than the brie smearers. Still not sure? Hint, try to remember which country had the more effective military in WW-II...

Hi

quote:

Wow, Toyota would have a lot of work cut out for themselves if they want GM to be represented with a high caliber as their company.

Until one of the Camrys at work hits the 227,000 mile level and in the same overall condition as my GM car, I would say not. To date, those Camrys, with 100k have a few too many squeaks and rattles for my tastes.

But the positive for Toyota, is they would have access to a real truck platform capable of actually doing something voactional.

Domestics make FAR better vehicles than they did a few deades ago. The import lovers are just too blind to see it or too proud of their import to admit it.

quote:

Originally posted by DJ:
Domestics make FAR better vehicles than they did a few deades ago. The import lovers are just too blind to see it or too proud of their import to admit it.

I agree but imported brands have also improved at the same time. The gap has narrowed. Perception sells cars anyway not reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back