Toyota air filter and hybrid battery filter @26k

Decided to change out the original factory air filter in my hybrid Venza with a new one @26k miles. The original Japan Toyota/Denso filter is on the right and USA Toyota/Denso on the left.

I probably could have continued to use the factory filter, but decided to swap it out anyways.

I notice a few minor differences between the two air filters filters.

Also, inspected my hybrid battery air filter (top) and decided to not replace it with the replacement (bottom) as it looked exceptionally clean to me. I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Attachments

• 20221229_082121.jpg
    20221229_082121.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 20221229_084535.jpg
    20221229_084535.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 210
I think the battery filter probably only needs checking, and only replacing if you have a cat or something. Not much of a filter.

That reminds me, I haven’t checked mine in a while…

Likely have the same engine and hybrid system in our ‘21 Sienna Hybrid.

I changed the air filter at 30K even though it didn’t need it as well. However I went with the STP SA90213 instead of the more expensive one from the dealership. Also, I just blow out the hybrid filter with air about every oil change or so. There is no need to change the filter out unless it torn. Just went over 50K and no issues so far.

Decided to change out the original factory air filter in my hybrid Venza with a new one @26k miles. The original Japan Toyota/Denso filter is on the right and USA Toyota/Denso on the left.

I probably could have continued to use the factory filter, but decided to swap it out anyways.

I notice a few minor differences between the two air filters filters.

Also, inspected my hybrid battery air filter (top) and decided to not replace it with the replacement (bottom) as it looked exceptionally clean to me. I couldn't tell the difference between the two.
My hybrid fan filter gets covered in golden glitter since I have a golden retriever...

But, if you point the filter towards the sun... if you see a lot of light throughout the filter, that's a sign that it's not time to chuck the filter.

Back