Toyota 90915-YZZF2 oil filter superseded by 90915-YZZN1

Toyota 90915-YZZF2 oil filter made in Thailand had been there for about a couple of decades since it superseded 90915-YZZA2.

It has just been superseded by 90915-YZZN1.

I wonder what is different with 90915-YZZN1. Someone will have to buy one and cut it open.

Didn't Toyota start switching over to Purolator-made filters in recent years? I still get the yzzd1 Thailand-made Denso filters for my truck and van, but according to the dealerships they would suggest a different filter model. The Denso-made filters have great filtration media area.

I suspect Toyota is getting filters from Denso in China now, but maybe they will have from Thailand also. There are a lot of Toyotas on the roads putting on the Thailand filters maybe they are out of production capacity? TheThailand filter has better looking pleat end gluing than the Denso China from this threads pictures. This is the M1thread tne N1 must be something similar.

Didn't Toyota start switching over to Purolator-made filters in recent years? I still get the yzzd1 Thailand-made Denso filters for my truck and van, but according to the dealerships they would suggest a different filter model. The Denso-made filters have great filtration media area.

Not likely. Denso is part of the Toyota family.

Back