Toyota 3.4, Schaeffer's 10-30 Blend, 5937Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
V6 Toyota Tacoma, 14,274 on truck, 5937 on oil. 70% Stop and Go, trips under 6 miles. Schaeffer's 10-30 Blend with 3 oz. Auto-RX, SuperTech filter.

First column in results is last interval, also Schaeffer's 10-30 Blend but no A-RX. Silicon is down to 25, from a high of 236 at the 1100 mile mark. For almost 6K miles I am satisfied.

code:

Miles 5238 5937

Iron 12 9

Chromium
Nickel
Aluminum 4 3

Lead 1 1

Coppper 32 32

Tin
Silver
Titanium
Silicon 57 25

Boron 2 1

Sodium 6 5

Potassium
Molybdenum 115 100

Phosphorus 1027 895

Zinc 1290 930

Calcium 1975 1718

Barium
Magnesium 12 9

Antimony
Vanadium
Viscosity CS 10.5 9.9

Grade 30 30

TBN (C)(2896) 3.45 3.04

[ March 03, 2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: TooManyWheels ]

Very nice except for the copper..Is it 32 just like the last report?? What is the lead??? I have the Schaeffer's in. I think it is a very good product.

Al - Lead is 1 in both instances. There was a thread a while back that resulted in something of a conclusion that the copper on these engines is due to the engine-mounted oil cooler.

[ March 03, 2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: TooManyWheels ]

Very nice report! This oil is a perfect fit for this engine. And it'll only get better from here on too, since the engine is still new and the weather is getting nicer out now too (although Houston doesn't get that cold, it still probably got a little chilly overnight I bet).

Any comments on the TBN? The lab, Analysts Inc. uses the higher reading standard, so if you go by Too Slick's estimate of it being 1.5 -2 points higher than the conservative one this TBN would be in the range of 1.0-1.5.

The things that stand out to me on this analysis are the short trips and still low wear. Also very postitive is the 3 ounce Maintenance dose of Auto-Rx and the Super Tech filter.Inexpensive Full Flow filter. This oil has plenty of life left in it, I don't care what TBN method was used to measure it. It looks like a 8K OCI on the next one, with analysis. You will be at 10-12K intervals before you know it. Excellent analysis and engine.

quote:

Originally posted by TooManyWheels:
Any comments on the TBN? The lab, Analysts Inc. uses the higher reading standard, so if you go by Too Slick's estimate of it being 1.5 -2 points higher than the conservative one this TBN would be in the range of 1.0-1.5.

In VOA's of the Schaeffers of over a year ago it got to 4 TBN using this method rather quick and held on for a Long , Lllllooooonnnnggggg
smile.gif
time . I would not worry . In fact like others have said you could stretch the intervals out a little if you wanted .

This engine and more hiway miles no telling how far it would go . FWIW since I'm no pro I'd sure stick with this oil . Those are some tough miles you put on and have great results from it .
cheers.gif

[ March 04, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

quote:

Originally posted by TooManyWheels:
Al - Lead is 1 in both instances. There was a thread a while back that resulted in something of a conclusion that the copper on these engines is due to the engine-mounted oil cooler.

It gets better and better.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back