Toyota 2grfe minor oil leak

What is this? Oil line that goes from front of the rear cylinder head, up to the top of the same cylinder head.

Tried searching rock auto and Toyota parts websites but I’m not finding it. I think the Toyota sites don’t have a complete parts listing for customers to view, and maybe this isn’t a rock auto type of part.

I’m not losing any measurable amount of oil, but if having tightened it didn’t help, I’ll have to fix it. I assume just some crush washers around the banjo bolt would fix it, but maybe some toyot-r guys know just what this is and what the typical repair would be.

thanks!
E15B3FCC-E638-477F-8594-61B13E15C795.jpeg

Looks like a metal line, not the problematic rubber line that would fail?

Any chance that it's something else, leaking valve cover gasket?

Skimming through that thread…seems like there was a TSB to replace the line itself with an all metal design (which honestly I didn’t look super close, but mine seemed to be all metal). And since the leak wasn’t running downhill down the line, it originated just from that banjo bolt, I think I could get away with simply replacing that funky gasket around it. I’ll have to look closer next time I am under it and curious if snugging it up fixed it or not.
A060FB03-593B-410A-A99C-EC49917F2152.jpg

Skimming through that thread…seems like there was a TSB to replace the line itself with an all metal design (which honestly I didn’t look super close, but mine seemed to be all metal). And since the leak wasn’t running downhill down the line, it originated just from that banjo bolt, I think I could get away with simply replacing that funky gasket around it. I’ll have to look closer next time I am under it and curious if snugging it up fixed it or not.
View attachment 61782
Those used to be called 'crush washers', were loose, not linked together. Times change.......

Probably just the banjo bolt washers, as that line isn’t the faulty rubber one.

The only serious problem with oil leaks on the 2GRFE engine is the spot two inches above your leaking line (the timing cover sealant). Now that would be a big deal. Luckily it’s very rare, but it is a known issue with these things (I believe the engine has to come out), but I could be wrong).

What is this? Oil line that goes from front of the rear cylinder head, up to the top of the same cylinder head.

Tried searching rock auto and Toyota parts websites but I’m not finding it. I think the Toyota sites don’t have a complete parts listing for customers to view, and maybe this isn’t a rock auto type of part.

I’m not losing any measurable amount of oil, but if having tightened it didn’t help, I’ll have to fix it. I assume just some crush washers around the banjo bolt would fix it, but maybe some toyot-r guys know just what this is and what the typical repair would be.

thanks!View attachment 61768
Oil supply. New crush gaskets should stop that.

Back