Toyota 1MZ-FE survives 28 minutes on Liquid Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father in law is a parts runner at a large Chevrolet dealership. In accordance with the "cash for clunkers" rules, they are seizing the engines by draining the fluids and filling with Liquid Glass, or some other liquid sodium silicate. He said most only make it a couple of minutes, but the record right now is a '99 Lexus RX300 V6 that went 28 minutes at idle until dying. Not bad all things considered.

This one won't pass the smell test. The supposed vehicle w/b worth more at that age than most new Chevy offerings???

Originally Posted By: zulu
He said most only make it a couple of minutes, but the record right now is a '99 Lexus RX300 V6 that went 28 minutes at idle until dying. Not bad all things considered.

Just shows how good Toyota engines are. I'm sure if you put a few bullets through it... it would still run.

Except for the sludgers.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Except for the sludgers.
27.gif

+1......Their quality is dropping, me I'll take a Ford.

AD

There are many YouTube clips of C4Cs being put to rest. An Olds Arura, not sure of the year, with Northstar went on and on and on and on and thus they kick RPM to around 3500 and it went approx 5 mins longer. Saw a newer looking Volvo (I really wondered what was wrong with that car for it did not look like a C4C) that went over 30 minutes but the one that took the cake that I saw was a 89 Dodge van. I assume it had the 318 V8. The guys at the dealership drained the oil, put the 1 quart of mixture in the crank, fired it up, and just let it idle. After 49 minutes it was still going. The video stopped before the ol Dodge gave it up so I have no idea how long it went. Maybe all these had Duralube in them before the sums were drain. Is that not the stuff on the infomercials where they dump sand and water onto a running engine with the rocker covers off?

My father in law is a parts runner at a large Chevrolet dealership. In accordance with the "cash for clunkers" rules, they are seizing the engines by draining the fluids and filling with Liquid Glass, or some other liquid sodium silicate. He said most only make it a couple of minutes, but the record right now is a '99 Lexus RX300 V6 that went 28 minutes at idle until dying. Not bad all things considered.

=================================

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Except for the sludgers.
27.gif

Ooops, a 99 Lexus RX with the 1MZ-FE engine -- that's the heart of the sludgemaker envelope. How deliciously ironic. . .

Originally Posted By: sunfire
He said most only make it a couple of minutes, but the record right now is a '99 Lexus RX300 V6 that went 28 minutes at idle until dying. Not bad all things considered.

Just shows how good Toyota engines are. I'm sure if you put a few bullets through it... it would still run.

It was at idle. Most are run near or at the revlimiter.

Run that liquid glass at red line and my bet is they'll give it up a lot faster.

AD

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
All the sludge prevented the oil pump from sucking up the liquid glass
grin2.gif

lol.gif
That's probably about right.

From what I read, Congress said they are to run engine at about 2000 rpm and keep increasing throttle to maintain rpm, as engine friction increases, engine seizes, and it should take about 7-9 mins. By government tests, which probably cost a whole lot of tax money to figure out. Of course some of the engines have quart size oil filters full of oil to help.

For these kinds of vehicles it doesn't seem to make so much sense to destroy them, as the new version is about the same, and people still buy those new. They should have like a 2000 credit and get more of the worst ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back