Toyoda Asks How Many Times Toyota Errs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota had become addicted to big, expensive cars and trucks and had forgotten the customers’ need to save money, Shoichiro said, according to the person’s account.

That is why there is a 2008 Kia parked next to the '99 Camry!!
Toyota jumped on the big and bloated movement.

The outgoing president was on record about worrying that they were falling victim to "big company disease". Between the concerns of the old and new presidents, I'd say they are on the right track.

IMO Kia/Hyundai have it right!

Offer great quality vehicles (now), that are loaded with tons of standard features, make them safe, and offer them at an unbeatable price with a great warranty.

Money it tight today, and consumers want the best bang for their buck and will take their wallets where they perceive value to be the best!

It's not rocket science, and no BA or MBA required!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Offer great quality vehicles (now), that are loaded with tons of standard features, make them safe, and offer them at an unbeatable price with a great warranty.

IMO, it's just a natural evolution of things. If Kia/Hyundai could charge the money that Toyota does, they sure would, but they can't because their brand name hasn't built enough reputation yet. 30 years ago, that's where Toyota was. They charged less, because they were new (in North America) and had little brand loyalty/recognition.

Kia/Hyundai is in the right spot right now. They make decent cars, but the brand loyalty isn't quite there yet, so they still have to make their products more attractive to consumers with lower price. But in 10-20 years, they may find themselves where Toyota is today, and we'll see newcomers from China like Geely taking the space where Kia/Hyundai is today. It's a natural progress.

Agreed... But then I will move on to the next "best" offerings from another company which I'm sure will be there in time.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Hyundai/Kia should've jumped on that Mahindra brand distributorship with their current dealer network. The 2/4 door pickup would've fit nicely in their dealer showrooms.

http://www.mahindrana.com/indian-cars-and-trucks.html

That truck looks good, but how reliable is it?
Hyundai rapidly increased quality over the years, that is why they gained so much.

Maybe the design is full of bugs, that is why Hyundai dealers don't sell them.

There are many Mahindra tractors in this area they are quite impressine I almost bought one but instead bought a John Deere and have wished for the Mahindra ever since. I would consider a Mahindra though I would let other comsumers test them first. They can't be any worst than Toyota G.M. or Chrysler.

Please let us all know when KIA achieves this goal.
LOL.gif
After all you did say safe right? If you roll over a KIA...six casket handles pop out of the sides to make burial easier.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1

LOL.gif
After all you did say safe right? If you roll over a KIA...six casket handles pop out of the sides to make burial easier.
shocked2.gif

My mom was in a bad accident (As posted here) when a lady hit her from behind and caused $6800 damage and my mom walked away. The lady in the RAV-4 was badly injured and the vehicle was totaled.

21.gif
I will take my Hyundai/Kia any day. Why don't you read the NHSTA scores!
wink.gif

LOL.gif
shocked2.gif

This post is basic stupidity at its finest....
smirk2.gif

The difference between Toyota and the US makers seems to be that Toytota learns from its mistakes, while the "big 3" don't. Of course, there's a perfect storm going on here of the recession, crazy gas prices, higher CAFE standards, and cap and trade. Our next transportation devices might require saddles, oats, and shoes.

Originally Posted By: Tim H.

LOL.gif
shocked2.gif

This post is basic stupidity at its finest....
smirk2.gif

Hilarious, none the less.
grin2.gif

I am actually very happy at the news. Toyota's were known to be affordable and offered great value, now it seem as though they were very expensive for what they should be(market wise).

The same has happened with Honda. The Civic, the mainstream Honda money maker used to be a 11-15k car is now in the 19-20+k range(easily). The Camry used to be a sub 17/16k car is over 20-21k BASE and just goes up. Now they are going to re-structure and build the cars again for the masses. Not everyone can afford the Camry above the base trim, and producing less or making the vehicles the same as the Scion brand(low profit margins) means savings for the consumer.

I recall in the mid 90's there was an article where the CEO/Pres at the time at Toyota mentioned that a car that was valued at x $ amount would be built as best as it could to meet that amount. Often times it led to such gains in efficiency that they were able to add in extras in the car without raising the price of the car. Now it's the total opposite of that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back