Tows don't cost $50...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how she trailed off, she never got the $10 and she is probably still at that McDonald's lol..

I have such a hard time settling on an avatar LOL.

I been thinking about the Ferrari one lol.

And that girl still gonna be at the non-existent McDonald's next week 🤣🤣🤣

Okay back on the road, I pulled over, see ya in 5!!!
Back on topic.

Why not tell her you just got an AAA membership and you'll be able to get her a free tow? Then she can give you the $40!

Reverse the scam!

Back on topic.

Why not tell her you just got an AAA membership and you'll be able to get her a free tow? Then she can give you the $40!

Reverse the scam!
Yes, let's.

I unfortunately used all 4 of my AAA tows this year and they don't reset until April :(

ALSO, AAA hates being sent on scam calls to cars that aren't there. I did that once.. guy saying "My car broke down" I actually called a tow for him :D

But he can’t. He spends all his time here.
What really seems to be setting him off tonight is that somebody is ignoring him. He became completely unglued in the ignore function thread and I'm seeing a bit of it here too. Doesn't like being ignored, doesn't jive with his need to be the centre of attention.

What really seems to be setting him off tonight is that somebody is ignoring him. He became completely unglued in the ignore function thread and I'm seeing a bit of it here too. Doesn't like being ignored, doesn't jive with his need to be the centre of attention.
Well you can't seem to admit I have the correct number of posts, I'm totally ready for you tonight.

As to the ignore thing, I can't be sure 4WD did, but he probably did, so, again, game on.

Please don't contribute to the de-rail of this thread. Wolf359 put it back on topic. Center of Attention yourself all you like.

I also need to correct your math, so I did.

Yes, let's.

I unfortunately used all 4 of my AAA tows this year and they don't reset until April :(

ALSO, AAA hates being sent on scam calls to cars that aren't there. I did that once.. guy saying "My car broke down" I actually called a tow for him :D
But you need to be present with the AAA card for the tow so shouldn't you have gone there first?

But you need to be present with the AAA card for the tow so shouldn't you have gone there first?
Here's the thing. I was all ready to drive to NYC.

One of the things of scams/baits/phone scams is there is always the promise of something, IF you do something.

Having been scammed out of the food portion of our exchange, (right, you have a car emergency 26 minutes after going to get the food.) Wanting me to send $50 for a tow.. like I'm an idiot.. NO! So. I'm sending pic of the car, saying CALL ME, like, anything to lend validity...

I would have had to drive to NYC..

All she wanted was the money and I cut it off after I got too deep in.

I've seen $50 tows before, but not for some years.

Usually its a guy with some big Ford F-350 or something and a dolly. Even then, I've seen those tows advertised for $150-$325 (Craigslist.)

Some were licensed, insured car haulers. Some were not.

I have also seen a seat belt and a driver in other car on the brakes used for a tow.

I've even briefly seen $40 tow in large city advertised, eventually changed to $50 then $70 then went away.

I am willing to bet, that was a guy or two with a big truck and dolly that could tow.. almost guarantee an Off The Books, no insurance or bonding, business license, etc.

When I had a starter go out, dead of winter, and needed a tow a solid 4 miles, it cost me $125 cash, even then I think it came to $160 somehow. (No AAA.)

That is as to tows, and my limited knowledge of light-duty (passenger car class.)

As to the .... "interesting" situation leading to be asked for $50 for a tow.. no more scams for me, I'm recognizing them and they are everywhere, is the main, short-version takeaway of how I got to share publicly, "Tows don't cost $50." Especially not on a weekend in NEW YORK CITY with NO corroborating evidence. It was an attempt at a scam.

I hope this helps clarify some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back