Towing Cars?

Love this channel.

My only question is often the tow truck drivers pick up cars in strange ways and/or don't dolly what I assume are AWD vehilcles and they do drag FWD cars in reverse etc. long enough to turn them around. Are any of these things bad on the cars? Or am I overthinking this? Thanks all :)

It takes a very good lawyer and a lot of luck, but tow guys have had to fix cars on their nickel. Esp 4 wheel drive. You have to force them.

Rod

Love this channel.

My only question is often the tow truck drivers pick up cars in strange ways and/or don't dolly what I assume are AWD vehilcles and they do drag FWD cars in reverse etc. long enough to turn them around. Are any of these things bad on the cars? Or am I overthinking this? Thanks all :)

lol i though i was the only one following GTOger!

This lady was toeing my car. :ROFLMAO:

1620252738648.jpg

Yes, some don't know that many if not all awd vehicles and most part-time 4wd vehicles require a flat bed tow. Most automatic vehicles have a pump and can quickly have its transmission ruined by towing behind.

Yes, some don't know that many if not all awd vehicles and most part-time 4wd vehicles require a flat bed tow. Most automatic vehicles have a pump and can quickly have its transmission ruined by towing behind.
Well that's exactly my point. Many of the vehicles in the videos are like that.

I can't believe he picked up the whole car with is tow bar. That's a great way to crush a catalytic converter, resonator, etc. Some cars don't have all that stuff recessed into the underbelly. I've always seen them just drag them out if they're FWD, tires moaning, then hook up to the front. The better ones put dollies under the front wheels first. The ones that don't care....don't care. But I guess if you don't want your car screwed up, don't park in a no parking zone. You see how long the Accord guys' resolve lasted. Big & bad until the tow truck rounds the corner. 🤡

Back