Touring tires for my Accord

Going to need two front ones soon. I want the smoothest quietest ride. What would everyone recommend as the best cheapest touring tires for my car? 225/50R17.

I’ve had both expensive and cheap tires and the expensive ones wear out as fast as the cheap ones. So I always go with the cheapest.

Altimax RT43 ( H ) or the new ( fall of '19 ) )UNIROYAL Tiger Paw Touring A/S ( H ) that has a different tead design and deep sipes . Both are reasonable . Keep us informed on purchase and thoughts of performance .

Not at all. The tires on it now are high performance rated Yokohamas. They’re too loud imo. I want whisper quiet.

ok

grand touring summer tires would be the best choice for you, if you can find them. Sometimes you can get the Goodyear EfficientGrip at a good price

Vredestein has the Ultrac Satin, but they might stop selling it here with their new American-market lineup. Vulcan Tire is the only US site I've ever seen them for sale, but they are out of stock right now.

If you can find the Michelin Primacy 3, that is another good choice. They're coming out with a new Primacy 4. Continental's ContiPremiumContact line is great if you can ever find them.

The Nexen N'fera SU1 is a good value price tire.

If just want the absolute cheapest tire worth using, get Douglas from Walmart

Last edited:
You might like the Pirelli Cinturato P7

The Goodyears are sold out on both Amazon and Walmart but could come back in stock

I found some other good options:
Dunlop SP Sport 01
Gislaved Ultra Speed (Gislaved is now owned by Continental, more klnown for their winter tires but also make summer tires)

Unfortunately, the Bridgestone Turanza T005 and Michelin Primacy 3 are too expensive :cry:
Thank you for the research and recommendations! The first three will definitely go on my want list. Haha yep, those Bridgestones and Michelins are a lil out of my price range:p

Two front tires? Ever heard of tire rotations? 😆
Well what happened was I picked up a sidewall screw this morning. I plugged it at my work parking lot, but don't want that to be a permanent solution, and I don't want one brand new one and one old one.

Well what happened was I picked up a sidewall screw this morning. I plugged it at my work parking lot, but don't want that to be a permanent solution, and I don't want one brand new one and one old one.
I would just match your rears, but I am one of the few people who dislike mismatched tires.

I would just match your rears, but I am one of the few people who dislike mismatched tires.
I'm the same way,I'm not crazy about mismatched tires,but the Yokohamas are just too loud imo. I would only buy Yokohamas again if I got them dirt cheap.

What about Cooper? I found some Cooper Evolution Tour tires for $115 a pop.

I purchased a set of these a few months ago, paid about $88.00 apiece. Very happy with comfort and lack of noise. Not a performance tire, great for cruising local freeways and good on the rough streets in my area. Thus far, quite pleased.

Cooper Evolution on Amazon

Last edited:
Back